SSS.com Truck of the Month

Holty

will this be open to trucks that are non-SSS?

some of us have alot of money and work in our trucks that are none SSS

As Holty stated earlier ........

This site is about SSS's and VHO's, so ONLY those types of trucks will be eligible for nomination
Edited by Big O (see edit history)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... And possibly at the end of the six truck period, have one big deal, where the six winners from that year are narrowed down to one "truck of the year" :dunno:
Well, it might be more affordable/rewarding for the sponsors to keep it to 6 awards per year, the first 5 of the year can be featured member/truck and the sixth award one be the Truck of the Year :dunno:

Mr. P.

As Holty stated earlier ........ Silverado SS & Vho's need only apply.

That would also exclude the imposter trucks, and IMO that would be a shame. Personally I would have no problem nominating any of these forum members because 1) they are dedicated car crafters, 2) they are dedicated to the forum, 3) they have garnered some impressive achievements, 4) their vehicles have Hi-po Gen-III drivetrains, 5) they are working to promote this forum specifically and full-size performance GM trucks in general. But if all a member has is a RST or Gibbs truck or ??? with a set of rims or stereo or other minor mods then no I don't think they are worthy of a nomination - my idea is that it should be more than a truck of the month award and more than a member of the month award, achievement in both areas counts. Now all of that is just my opinion, it's Holty's idea and he has done the legwork to arrange the sponsorships so whatever he decides is great by me :thumbs:

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

As Holty stated earlier ........ Silverado SS & Vho's need only apply.

That would also exclude the imposter trucks, and IMO that would be a shame. Personally I would have no problem nominating any of these forum members because 1) they are dedicated car crafters, 2) they are dedicated to the forum, 3) they have garnered some impressive achievements, 4) their vehicles have Hi-po Gen-III drivetrains, 5) they are working to promote this forum specifically and full-size performance GM trucks in general. But if all a member has is a RST or Gibbs truck or ??? with a set of rims or stereo or other minor mods then no I don't think they are worthy of a nomination - my idea is that it should be more than a truck of the month award and more than a member of the month award, achievement in both areas counts. Now all of that is just my opinion, it's Holty's idea and he has done the legwork to arrange the sponsorships so whatever he decides is great by me :thumbs:

Mr. P.

i understand the rims and stereo part....how about imposter SS or me...we both got thousands into our trucks. my motor and trans alone are 14k, not including my reare and other parts...

but if its a site deticated to SSS and Vho then i can see that reason

my idea is that it should be more than a truck of the month award and more than a member of the month award, achievement in both areas counts.

Mr. P.

I with P on this one. I feel you should have to be a contributing member to the site to even be considered for nomination. It makes the award a little more special I feel.

Holty has my vote no matter how he runs it ... anything to make the site more dynamic I am for it.

update

Frank dosn't know it yet, but since he'll be at my house tomorrow, we'll be discussing the prize given away by RRW for th Featured Truck contest. i'll post updates as they come in. right now, it looks like i'll be starting this in the next week or so but i don't know if that will give the nominees enough time to submit there write ups for a March winner, so we may get the first winner in April.

rules and reg's will be posted soon.

still undecided on non ss and vho's

update

Frank dosn't know it yet, but since he'll be at my house tomorrow, we'll be discussing the prize given away by RRW for th Featured Truck contest. i'll post updates as they come in. right now, it looks like i'll be starting this in the next week or so but i don't know if that will give the nominees enough time to submit there write ups for a March winner, so we may get the first winner in April.

rules and reg's will be posted soon.

still undecided on non ss and vho's

Sounds good. I'm for SS or VHO members only. I know there are some great trucks out there but the site is ss/vho specific. Just makes since for the nominees to be either a ss or vho. Can't wait to see how this turns out. :ughdance:

UPDATE:

This is still in the works, ive now got Zane making a special sub forum just for the featured truck contest. as soon as that is done i have some testing i need to do with the polls and such then i'll post to let everyone know i'm taking nominations for the contest. rules and regulations will follow soon. thanks for being patient.

UPDATE:

This is still in the works, ive now got Zane making a special sub forum just for the featured truck contest. as soon as that is done i have some testing i need to do with the polls and such then i'll post to let everyone know i'm taking nominations for the contest. rules and regulations will follow soon. thanks for being patient.

Sweet :thumbs:

Onyx

• Admin

Whats up guys! SilveradoSS.com will be throwing in a gift pack, probably like a hat and shirt/some decals, keychain, or some of the new stuff we have coming like beer mugs. I will also make a special image to go under your name, like 'march 2007 TOTM' award thingy. I thinks thats a better option to the cert.

This is going to be TRUCK of THE MONTH, not the most popular member of the month. Like Holty said this site is about the trucks and I really dont want to see this turning into a high school popularity contest.

What were going to do is create a subforum, where each month a nomination thread will be started. Ill keep you guys updated as me and Holty work out the details. In the future we might just use the new garage software thats coming for nominations but for now a subforum should work good.