SSS.com Truck of the Month

Holty

I was actually thinking of a member of recognition also ... but I didn't know how you would compare a members accomplishments vs a member with a nice truck .... maybe alternate between rides and members or something like that.

That sounds good, Maybe the members can be judged on Friendly-ness with other members, Helping other members with advice or technical assistance, as well as good deeds, Like other Members making Sig's for others such as Big O and many others on this site, and major points for those "Karma" starters

Just my input

Onyx :cool:

Edited by onyx_ss (see edit history)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, thanks for all the great ideas.

I think i'm going to do a "Featured truck" every other month instead of every month. Its going to be VERY similar to how pt.net does there TOTM contest and have similar rules which i'll post later. This is a not going to be a member feedback type poll where the most popular members win like a "member of the month". This site is about SSS's and VHO's, so ONLY those types of trucks will be eligible for nomination. I would like to ask for help from someone that could make up a certificate of some sort that i could print out and send to the winning member each time a member wins. I have no skills to make such a thing. Also, i'll be posting the rules and regulations soon. I still want to here back from Frank on his final approval of a RRW gift. Since i'm doing this on my own with no admin help, i can't post the winners pic on the front page of the site or add a special sub-forum for the poll or anything like that. i will make the poll a sticky, then once the poll ends, i'll delete it and post the members pics and write-up as a sticky. Also the member can add "SSS.com Featured Truck 2007" to there sig, in addition to the prizes and certificate they will recieve from our site sponsors. Once a member wins, they are not eligible to win again for 1yr. There will be 3 NOMINATIONS which are picked by YOU, THE MEMBERS. Still have some things to iron out, but thats what is happening as of now. I'm looking to start this soon.

As long as us stockers have a chance. :jester:

There's gotta be somethin said for somebody that can resist spending money and be a member of this site, I couldn't do it!

the idea sounds great :thumbs: but i do have one question, are all the vho/Vmax guys going to be included?
Sounds like it... I hope so :thumbs:

Sounds like a great idea! can't wait to start voting... sooo many good lookin trucks! :chevy::chevy:

I think i'm going to do a "Featured truck" every other month instead of every month. Its going to be VERY similar to how pt.net does there TOTM contest and have similar rules which i'll post later. This is a not going to be a member feedback type poll where the most popular members win like a "member of the month". This site is about SSS's and VHO's, so ONLY those types of trucks will be eligible for nomination. I would like to ask for help from someone that could make up a certificate of some sort that i could print out and send to the winning member each time a member wins. I have no skills to make such a thing. Also, i'll be posting the rules and regulations soon. I still want to here back from Frank on his final approval of a RRW gift. Since i'm doing this on my own with no admin help, i can't post the winners pic on the front page of the site or add a special sub-forum for the poll or anything like that. i will make the poll a sticky, then once the poll ends, i'll delete it and post the members pics and write-up as a sticky. Also the member can add "SSS.com Featured Truck 2007" to there sig, in addition to the prizes and certificate they will recieve from our site sponsors. Once a member wins, they are not eligible to win again for 1yr. There will be 3 NOMINATIONS which are picked by YOU, THE MEMBERS. Still have some things to iron out, but thats what is happening as of now. I'm looking to start this soon.

damn dude that sounds good.

damn dude that sounds good.

:withstupid:

i'm glad the vho/vmax will be included :chevy: it will add some variety to the competition.

now that i'll be trying to compete, i'm going to have to get off my a$$ and get my mod's complete, fix my sig, and hopefully kill a few lightnings and srt's :devil: (one can dream right). :jester:

Hey Holty this sounds like it will work and is accepted with open eyes. Sounds great. And also my wife is a wiz at that stuff and wouldnt mind helping at all with the certificate issue.

And by the way i went in to become a supporting member and it wouldnt let me. Can u see whats up or if i did something wrong. Let me know.

I like Steve's Idea also. Six times a year would be a little more "special" than 12, which would make it seem repetitive... If that makes sense. And possibly at the end of the six truck period, have one big deal, where the six winners from that year are narrowed down to one "truck of the year" :dunno:

I like Steve's Idea also. Six times a year would be a little more "special" than 12, which would make it seem repetitive... If that makes sense. And possibly at the end of the six truck period, have one big deal, where the six winners from that year are narrowed down to one "truck of the year" :dunno:

:withstupid:

As long as us stockers have a chance. :jester:

There's gotta be somethin said for somebody that can resist spending money and be a member of this site, I couldn't do it!

Thing is, I'm broke. :crackup:

I am going to do some stuff this summer. Exhaust, CAI, tune.