Gemtop install

dounome

I have to drive out to Pitt this weekend to pick up my Gemtop GT classic cover. The only person that can help me is my old lady. Im asking if you guys think she can help with the install or is that not even worth it? I know that it weighs in at 100lbs, and the one that I got has the clamp on system. The guy says its new in the box, do you guys think I can just fit it in the bed somehow and bring it home that way. I know its a tuff question but looking for some input.

Or better yet has anybody installed one?

i have seen a gemtop in person and its not to heavy but not to light either. id guess right around 100 lbs maybe a few more. you could put it in your bed at an angle leaning over one bed rail and strap it down good. i think you and your lady could handle putting it in your bed.

If I were you I would put it on rather than try to transport it back. When I had mine delivered for my 90 ss it was a clamp-on style hard cover as well, and the box was massive, probably a good two feet longer and at least a foot wider than the actual cover. My "old lady" helped me put it on and she was able to handle her side rather well. And my "old lady" was only a 18 yr old. lol