03 Mustang GT almost SVT lightning

ssaman

So I went to a pool hall lastnight w/ some friends who have mustang GTs. We were headed to IHOP to get some eats when another Silver GT w/ a loud exuast starts to hang w/ us. I pull up next to him going 45mph and ask if he wants to go from 30mph punch ( :D ) and he says sure so we hit it at 30 and I get a good half a car jump but in the end he pulls me. so we pull up at a double left turn and we are both turning and we were just shooting the shit there we both said nice run / nice cars. So I get a few miles down the road and and no less than 5min after the GT race an SVT Lightning pulls up next to me and kinda guns it. ( Supercharger wine / loud exaust ) so I signal him to slow down to 30mph but as soon as I do a spot a cop hidden on the side of the road and quickly speed up to the limit...But he pulls out and gets behnd the lightning. I wipe my brow and try and calm by heart rate lol. but he just follows the lightning but dosent pull him over. It was a pretty fun night over all! :thumbs: Just wish i could have run that SVT.

nice! :thumbs: I played with a '00(ish) GT last night... I ran him from about a 45 roll.. he pulled a little to about 55 then I started to gain... i only ran up to about 75 becuase i missed my turn, and needed to turn around, but it was fun.

So I went to a pool hall lastnight w/ some friends who have mustang GTs. We were headed to IHOP to get some eats when another Silver GT w/ a loud exuast starts to hang w/ us. I pull up next to him going 45mph and ask if he wants to go from 30mph punch ( :D ) and he says sure so we hit it at 30 and I get a good half a car jump but in the end he pulls me. so we pull up at a double left turn and we are both turning and we were just shooting the shit there we both said nice run / nice cars. So I get a few miles down the road and and no less than 5min after the GT race an SVT Lightning pulls up next to me and kinda guns it. ( Supercharger wine / loud exaust ) so I signal him to slow down to 30mph but as soon as I do a spot a cop hidden on the side of the road and quickly speed up to the limit...But he pulls out and gets behnd the lightning. I wipe my brow and try and calm by heart rate lol. but he just follows the lightning but dosent pull him over. It was a pretty fun night over all! :thumbs:Just wish i could have run that SVT.

Lucky you saw the cop. What are your mods?????

hopefully you have some decent mods or else it would have been a loss unfortunatly. either way i would have ran'em to just to say i tried and its fun.

That's how I feel whenever a SRT-10 pulls up along side of me. So far I haven't had any takers............... :wtf:

Mat2ch, who do you think would win if you raced an srt10? Being stock I think it would be a drivers race. Maybe the srt10 by a hair.

Quad cabs are pretty close to a stock Lightning, but regular cabs are about 3/10 of a second quicker through the quarter. Since my truck has been lowered and also has traction bars, a CAI, a Predator tune and a tranny mod, I would say I might have an chance with a stocker. But they would need to make a perfect hole shot, not to high revs when the drop the clutch or they will wheel spin, and not too low of rpms or they will bog. With my set-up I just hold the brake and rev it up to 1,200 rpm and then slowly floor the gas as I let off the brake and it pulls like bad dog with no wheel spin. I raced a friend that has a modified 96 ci H-D Road Glide and we race on an old two lane road that turns into one lane and he was on the right side of my truck when we both hit it and we stayed side by side up to about 90 mph until I let off when the lane turned into one, and when I asked him how bad I spun he told me not at all, and he was right next to my truck the whole time. A stock SRT-10 will be faster than a stock Lightning, but the Lightning will be easier to drive for the novice. So far I have only ran into one regular cab SRT-10, and it's owned by an older (75+) guy who just waves when we meet up. Maybe this summer when I go to Infinion Raceway I'll run into one and find out just how close I really am.

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)