bring the bling back

faceliftedss

5-2.jpg

looking at my truck you can tell i'ma big fan of chrome. and if your state is going through harch weather like mine is your chrome becomes dirty pretty fast making it expensive to keep clean. but with a few cleaning supplies...

4-1.jpg

if you have a glass shop near by go pick up some professional cleaner it looks like an aresol spray can if it is good stuff. windex is crap. i've worked in a glass shop all my life never trying windex until just a short time ago and it is horrible. but my rims have been looking like this a little too often lately...

1.jpg

so to start heavily coat the rim in glass cleaner where it looks like this...

2.jpg

bundle up some paper towels and scrub using little circles removing most of the surface grime, when the glass cleaner is off the rim will not look completly clean. coat the entire rim again more lightly than last time and using clean paper towel clean each section slowly and the other parts sit this will polish the surface and leave no streak marks...

3.jpg

also this stuff works well on windows, side and rear view mirrors, and your head/tail lights plus it costs alot less and is a lot less harsh than chrome polish at about 3-5 bucks a can

Hell I always use to use some wheel cleaner that never seemed to work that great and then I just tried using some cheapy window cleaner stuff we had lying around and it works a hell of alot better and its alot cheaper to. My wheels come out looking great and i use paper towels as well but ive cleaned my parents cars and friends wheels with window cleaner and it works great.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

a bottle of Mothers Chrome polish is comparable in price $5-6......that is what I use once a month :thumbs:

in between polishings, I use Clear Vue Alcohol window cleaner:

spray on, wipe off grime, lightly buff with a clean rag

:chevy:

a bottle of Mothers Chrome polish is comparable in price $5-6......that is what I use once a month :thumbs:

in between polishings, I use Clear Vue Alcohol window cleaner:

spray on, wipe off grime, lightly buff with a clean rag

:chevy:

This is what I use too, and it works good.