Big 3 DONE the right way

HA! Koga,...haven't heard that name in a long time. He cracked me up. During the 98 world finals he came up to us and told us to adjust the excursion on the strokers to 5/8" using the set screw. It did nothing. Seeing him "intoxicated" was a sight :ughdance: I swear his eyes are going to pop out of his head!

Anyway,...BACK ON TOPIC. I plan on doing the big 3 upgrade with an optima in the future. I have used Stinger wire in the past however is anyone going the extra mile and using the new radio shielded oxygen barier core stuff?

Hmmm, never heard of it. please do tell more... Benefits? Price? where to get it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! Koga,...haven't heard that name in a long time. He cracked me up. During the 98 world finals he came up to us and told us to adjust the excursion on the strokers to 5/8" using the set screw. It did nothing. Seeing him "intoxicated" was a sight :ughdance: I swear his eyes are going to pop out of his head!

Anyway,...BACK ON TOPIC. I plan on doing the big 3 upgrade with an optima in the future. I have used Stinger wire in the past however is anyone going the extra mile and using the new radio shielded oxygen barier core stuff?

Hmmm, never heard of it. please do tell more... Benefits? Price? where to get it?

Ahh, wish I kept the sample I had. The wire is made by a foreign company using the federal mogual "Twist Tube" material. They incorporate a layer of this twist tube stuff with the ultra pure stranded copper. The twist tube material has been out since late 03 but only recently incorporated in the make-up of the wire. The benefits are for people using blue tooth technology / WiFi in their car really. It just totally prevents any interference with that stuff. The oxygen barier is just for corrosion protection and has shown a slight improvement in electrical transfer over long distances. IMO, not worth the cost but I feel it will be the norm in the future cars.

The Twist Tube shield functions just like the "foil" you see in some wire. The twist tube material is much better in that it is very flexible and will not tear like the foil and has a greater RF interference tolerance.

An internet search may turn something up. :dunno: It is still pretty new.

Edit - here is some info on the twist tube stuff but I can't find anything on it being incorporated within the wire. I know it exsists,...I had some on my desk!!!

Twist Tube

• 2 years later...
Where can you purchase the battery tray from. I would like to install a second battery.

from the chevy dealer. its in the "camper" part of the catalog. the tray and the bolt and plastic piece to hold the batter down. all can be had for about 60 bucks

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sh...5237&page=2

read this topic, towards the end there is a NICE write up with part numbers needed. in all honesty, i did the wiring myself and saved alot of money over what is listed there, but this gives you an idea. also if youwant the factory look and what not, this is a great write up and will help you out alot.

Good luck!!

• 4 weeks later...

I need to the big 3 as well I got a kicker zx1500.1 and 2 12 inch l7s nad the juice it needs is huge lol I just ordered a 250amp alternator so that should help I got one optima battery however I might need another one. I dont plan on doing competitions or anything so another battery really isnt important at this time. But if you could Id like to see pics of the big 3 and how and where you wire it if you dont mind please. thanks.

chris

• 1 year later...