HOW-TO: configure MS-Windows to block Google Ads

misterp

Is it just me, or should advertising like this be illegal? I mean it's no different than someone throwing ad wraped bricks into your home while you are watching television. All it does is congest the internet and pollute it. And frankly I had no idea why the google ads were all over everything I looked at. They are very much gone now though... Thanks Mister P. Anything else we can do like this? Any god websites to look at?

:withstupid:

Well I am all about having freedom on/over the internet. But I do not think it is right for websites to FORCE users to view ads... Someday, people will learn. Are there any developments being made to counter all this crap?

Oh, I have used Yahoo for years. Since 1998. And back in the days I could get on and enjoy chat with people about cars, military, whatever. Now it's dead. It's filled with bots advertising to...NO ONE!

Ridiculous...Yahoo seems not to mind it at all. :mad:

Well I am all about having freedom on/over the internet. But I do not think it is right for websites to FORCE users to view ads... Someday, people will learn. Are there any developments being made to counter all this crap?

Oh, I have used Yahoo for years. Since 1998. And back in the days I could get on and enjoy chat with people about cars, military, whatever. Now it's dead. It's filled with bots advertising to...NO ONE!

Ridiculous...Yahoo seems not to mind it at all. :mad:

Yeah they've kinda over-commercialized.