Headers need a sticky thread.

That $600 price tag is probably for the headers only.....no collectors, high flow cats...etc. The cheapest I've ever seen for the complete dynamax setup was $1350. You may want to call that vendor and see what is all included for that price.

it says that it has cats but surely collectors arent that expensive look at the link above in my first post

it says that it has cats but surely collectors arent that expensive look at the link above in my first post

I looked at the link and collectors are at the end of the headers not a seperate part ....my mistake. There total dynamaxx system is what cost alot... and that's what the grand difference in price you were asking about. They are really good headers, good luck with the install if you decide to get them.

• 6 months later...

i really want the Belanger tri y's im worried about them being allunimun. my ss is a daily driver and i live in south east texas where its 100 percent humidity and rains at least once a week. i heard if allunimun headers get wet they warp???

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm looking to add an exhaust system to my stock SS, and have a general question about purchasing headers. When buying headers, should I buy a system that includes the intermediate pipes and cats? If so, this should then bolt right up to a cat back exhaust correct?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This looks like a nice set of headers and high flow cats on ebay. My stock cats are stopped up so im thinking of going better. I already have true duels with flowmaster so I think its time for a cat- forward upgrade. Any opinions or advise?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200777044201&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=58791538876

This looks like a nice set of headers and high flow cats on ebay. My stock cats are stopped up so im thinking of going better. I already have true duels with flowmaster so I think its time for a cat- forward upgrade. Any opinions or advise?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200777044201&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=58791538876

That's for 2500 and that wonky looking drivers side header probably wouldn't fit our trucks

I was right in the middle of doing header research when I found this thread followed it through realizing it was several years old and then I skipped ahead and see it is still going, headers is one item everyone has a different opinion on but I do need some opinioins from those of you that have some experience with a similar situation. For the last 1 1/2 yrs. I have continually been making modifications to my 03 SS Silverado and landspeed race it. I went from a programmer, cai and dual exhaust and ran a best of 126.999 in the standing mile and set my first landspeed record on the Maxton Mile and we all know that the trucks weigh over 5600 lbs. w/ no driver. Then almost two months ago with 1:8 to 1 ratio full roller rockers with behive valve springs and heavy wall 3/8" pushrods, ported throtle body, Doug's Headers remote controll electric cutouts , Flowmaster true dual exhaust (doesn't matter after the cutouts ), tonno cover and a HP Tuneup for 425 hp. I run in production pickup so I had stayed away from a cam change and headers, but after I set two landspeed records I am going to do more 1/8 mile dragracing so I am loking for low end hp and tork . Everyone says that I can pickup 20-25 hp with headers. On my Corvette I know longtube headers work the best and make hp you can feel. Do I need long tube or shorty headers and I want ceramic coated if I can get them. On the Vette I used longtube with a x-pipe and everything bolted and clamped right in. I don't want to mess with the cutouts, will the shorty headers match right up where the exhaust manifold connects.

Ihave had a bad experience in the past with the Pacesetter headers as well and budget is a consideration on my project.

Garrell Paterson

Shorty headers do nothing, and I highly doubt you'll get 20-25hp from headers period but they do help. Pacesetters or OBX are the best bang for your buck and no long tube headers will bolt up to our manifolds, I suggest getting longtubes that come with a y-pipe for less headache