Just ordered a GMPP exhaust system

Vortec MAX

Called Corsa and Borla and they said they don/t make the GMPP exhaust.price for there catback setup was over 800- 1,500??????? Called my Local chevy dealer and the price for GMPP Exhaust #17800765 was $680.00 WTF. Where did you get the price Mike? Best I could find was at pace performance for $429.95.

BORLA does make the system. You probably talked to a sales rep at BORLA. I talked to Jay Reinhart from BORLA's OEM Development Dept.

As for price, I bought it at PACE. They were running a 25.00 rebate offer when I bought mine, so the price was $404.00. The special is over now (I think), so the price is back to $429.00.

I sure wish I had seen that episode of TRUCKS!. I quit watching it after Stacey David left. I got kind of lame after that. Did they happen to give before and after dyno results???

Mike

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...I sure wish I had seen that episode of TRUCKS!. I quit watching it after Stacey David left. I got kind of lame after that. Did they happen to give before and after dyno results???

Mike

Naaa you didn't miss anything, it's still lame; it just happened that the show was on the TV when I came in from the garage for lunch. The whole 10-minute spot was obviously a GM marketing session, all yakitty yak about how you can buy GM bolt-ons at the dealer for your brand new Sierra VMax and get it all rolled into your truck payment at less interest than charging on your credit card. Then a scene of a little tire-roasting & a couple of part-throttle fly-bys *yawn* But I'm sure that it'll get re-run now and then, the 3-second exhaust sound clip did sound good and they did show the muffler, it's a flow-through design like Corsa & Magnaflow. And make no mistake it's a Borla designed system.

Mr. P.

I have the exact same kit on my SS and I love it. Nothing else can beat the price, you won't be dissappointed with it. :chevy:

I'm very interested.... any audio Fireman31?

no audio yet, let me see what I can do.............................

Sorry guys, I still don't have it on yet. I sent the tip back because the one I received was dinged. I was also missing some hardware that fell out through a tear in the box during shipping. I should have the replacement parts this week. I am anxious to get it on also. I will let you know when I get it on.

Mike

• 2 months later...
I just ordered a GM Performance Parts exhaust system for my Vortec MAX. I actually ordered the one that is for the SS. I also got the double wall angle cut tip for it. The part numbers and prices are as follows:

GMPP Exhaust - 17800765 - $404.95

GMPP Exh Tip - 17802143 --- $74.95

Shipping Charge --------------$48.95

The system is made by BORLA. Jay Reinhart from BORLA's OEM Development Dept tells me it will outflow stock and I will be quite happy with the power, mileage, and sound improvements. He says the pipe diameters are the same as stock, but mandrel bent with a high flow muffler.

The tip is double wall, polished stainless steel, angle cut, with a bowtie logo.

I just thought I'd pass along the info for my fellow V-MAX owner's. I will post pics of the system when I get it. I will give a full report and more pics once I install it.

Mike

Hi,

I am new to this forum. i recently got the 2007 Silverado 1500 (new body style). I ordered this truck with the vortec max 6.0. Extended cab 4WD. This is the 367 horse motor. I was surprised to see the exhaust on this is the same exact size/ diameter piping as the 5.3. I think 2 3/4 dia. The 6.0 in the 2500 is a lot larger dia. (I looked at one on the lot) I was wondering if they put the wrong exhaust on my truck?? Anybody know??

VINCE

• 2 months later...

No I think that is the correct exhaust. I have the same truck you have except in the crew. My exhaust is the same diam. the only difference is that your tip should point straight back instead of out the side like the 5.3. The Denali has a larger exhaust( I think 3in) that also points straight back. I'm going to get headers and highflow cats then have the larger Denali back half put on my truck. As soon as I can find long tube headers for my truck, any help hear would be great. I'm trying to get the flow but keep the stock sound. Sleeper!!

post-12273-1185551489_thumb.jpg

I am picking up my NEW STYLE 2007 GMC Crew Cab VMax this weekend & want to order the CORRECT GM Exhaust for it with the PERFORMANCE muffler. Which is the RIGHT system for the new trucks? Cost? Dyno results? How long does it take to get an exhaust system? :confused::dunno:

If anybody can help me out with part numbers, prices, etc. for the NEW STYLE trucks I'd REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! :thumbs::cheers:

Our parts manager (my boss) has an 07' nnbs V-Max with the GMPP exhaust and CAI. We ordered exhaust for the 5.3L and it fit on there just like it's supposed to be for it. They don't list one for the L76, but you can use the 5.3L system in it's place. As someone has said, you'll just be changing the location of the exhaust exit. Having driven the truck around though, I'd rather use a Corsa system. The resonance gets annoying real quick. The CAI and cat back though did raise the mph that he can run D.O.D. efficiently by 6 mph. Getting the shift points and timing curve right were also worth alot. It feels faster than mine from about 60 up. Once we get the converter changed and shift kit in there I'm hoping to dial it in and get a 13.9.