Just ordered a GMPP exhaust system

Vortec MAX

I just ordered a GM Performance Parts exhaust system for my Vortec MAX. I actually ordered the one that is for the SS. I also got the double wall angle cut tip for it. The part numbers and prices are as follows:

GMPP Exhaust - 17800765 - $404.95

GMPP Exh Tip - 17802143 --- $74.95

Shipping Charge --------------$48.95

The system is made by BORLA. Jay Reinhart from BORLA's OEM Development Dept tells me it will outflow stock and I will be quite happy with the power, mileage, and sound improvements. He says the pipe diameters are the same as stock, but mandrel bent with a high flow muffler.

The tip is double wall, polished stainless steel, angle cut, with a bowtie logo.

I just thought I'd pass along the info for my fellow V-MAX owner's. I will post pics of the system when I get it. I will give a full report and more pics once I install it.

Mike

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't post a pic, but i can tell you it is straight flow through with perforated piping through it. Like many borla's are. The pipe that came with it is really nicley done. All the welds are perfect. It comes with clamps and looks like a 30 to 40 minute job to install. I haven't installed mine just yet, but by sunday night i oughta find the time. :chevy:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the system on Wednesday (01/26). It is very nice. It exceeds all my expectations as far as looks. I still need to get it installed. Since the temperature has been in the teens here, and I have been forced to park my truck outside because contractors are finishing our basement, it might be a little while.

The tip arrived slightly damaged, so I might return it and get another. They put the tip in the box with the kit, and the muffler cut a half moon shaped chunk out of the box the tip was in, slightly dinging my bling.

I plan to take some pics and post them, but I will describe the kit:

The tip is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! It is well worth the money. It it polished and has a bow tie logo that is stamped from the inside so it projects out at the top of the end. It is double walled, so it looks like it is made from solid material approximately 1/2" thick. It is very nicely finished. It looks expensive. Even the inside (throat) is polished.

The muffler is shaped like a stock muffler and similar in size. If you look inside the 3" end, you can see right through it to the two outlets on the far side. It is a VERY open design. In fact, it looks like there might be an inch or so of packing material all around the oval shape inside, backed up with perforated stainless steel panels. It looks like a smaller perforated oval inside a bigger solid oval with the material in between. The outside of the can is stamped from the inside with a GM Performance Parts logo on the top and bottom (semi flat sides). This creates a logo that stands out from the can, similar to the bow tie on the tip.

The tubing is mandrel bent (very smooth bends) and very high quality. It has stock looking hangers welded to the sections and it looks like it will be a breeze to install.

Again I will post pics when I get a chance.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

I heard this catback on TV yesterday; Trucks! (SPIKE channel) they had a 10-minute feature putting bolt-ons onto a 2007 4x4 VMax truck and they used the GMPP intake and GMPP (Borla) catback. It sounded pretty good, with a distinct character; the only way I can describe is kinda like a cross between a Corsa Touring and a Flowmaster 50-series. And I'm sure has it has near the same performance of the Corsa & Magnaflow products. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Called Corsa and Borla and they said they don/t make the GMPP exhaust.price for there catback setup was over 800- 1,500??????? Called my Local chevy dealer and the price for GMPP Exhaust #17800765 was $680.00 WTF. Where did you get the price Mike? Best I could find was at pace performance for $429.95.