engine miss

a couple of days ago i noticed my engine seemed a little rough . i hooked up a mentor reader and it said everything was normal . after playing around for a bit my friend and i definatly could feel a missfire but the idle would stabalize and it would go away and the computer never registared a missfire ? any ideas i already changed plugs and checked the wires could a mechanical missfire be intermitant ? :banghead:

grab yourself a bottle of CRC mass air flow sensor cleaner, and a bottle of CRC air intake cleaner. Clean the two of them out. This is a common problem that chevy has been having on their trucks. Big TSB about it. Clean out the entire throttle body and mass air flow sensor. What you are probably feeling is just a rough idle, not really a missfire. Good luck, hope this helps :thumbs:

also expect the truck to stall the first couple of times you come to a stop. this is normal and is just the showing the adaptive values relearning them selves. the computer will have no idea that you cleaned anything. Second thought, if you have the mentor, you can go in and reset the adaptives.

At idle, the 6.0's tend to have a slight stumble once in a while. The 4.8, 5.3's do it too, just not as bad. Mine does it and we get an occassional complaint at the dealer about it, but it's not missing.