Has anyone done the L92-L76 swap yet?

i'm really interested in doing the l92-l76 swap because I keep reading so much about it but have been waiting for someone else to tackle it first so I can get some feedback on gains and ease of the swap.I keep hearing the L76 intake will outflow the fast 90mm and the L92 heads are the best bang for the buck head ever and the two of them are a direct bolt on but have yet to see anyone do it. Anyone interested?

Whats the difference in the escalade intake? Is this the intake off the new body style escalade?The water pump seems like it needs to be changed for any intake swap though doesn't it.I just thought it might be easier than the fast 90 since it seemed like it was a royal p.i.t.a and it was supposed to flow beter.

wow you guys are misinformed. i have a set of L92s, I have L76 intake. they bolt right onto your motor you dont need to change crap. the major part is you need a specific cam. thats what im waiting on. my heads are decked .030 i will run a 4.060 .040 head gasket and ill be using .650 lift springs. i can run a ls1 cam but wouldnt do me very much.

wow you guys are misinformed. i have a set of L92s, I have  L76 intake. they bolt right onto your motor you dont need to change crap. the major part is you need a specific cam. thats what im waiting on. my heads are decked .030 i will run a 4.060 .040 head gasket and ill be using .650 lift springs. i can run a ls1 cam but wouldnt do me very much.

I had heard this about the cam. So your swap went right on no b/s.did you change rockers or anything else?

wow you guys are misinformed. i have a set of L92s, I have  L76 intake. they bolt right onto your motor you dont need to change crap. the major part is you need a specific cam. thats what im waiting on. my heads are decked .030 i will run a 4.060 .040 head gasket and ill be using .650 lift springs. i can run a ls1 cam but wouldnt do me very much.

I had heard this about the cam. So your swap went right on no b/s.did you change rockers or anything else?

when i got my heads i got them as a complete package. i just need to assemble them. they are 1.7s just like ls1 heads. not sure if you could reuse yours or not. didnt try. heads bolt right onto my 408. they will bolt right onto your 6.0 [assuming] intake for you is left ot the truck intake. im a car intake setup. mine isnt fully together cause of pulling hair out cause of a cam

also, what kind of gains are you expecting?

i have no money into my heads and intake. the TB is what was pricey. im looking at no less then 500rwhp. i want 540rwhp NA a guy with a 408 and a stock style cam with these heads made 494rwtq 491rwhp under 6krpms

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

i have no money into my heads and intake. the TB is what was pricey. im looking at no less then 500rwhp. i want 540rwhp NA a guy with a 408 and a stock style cam with these heads made 494rwtq 491rwhp under 6krpms

So, I take it you didn't get the intake,injector t/b package. for free seems like the right price for me though,you must have the hookups!!

So, I take it you didn't get the intake,injector t/b package. for free seems like the right price for me though,you must have the hookups!!

when i mean no money i mean no money compared to what others flow like compared to these.

i used my ls1 fuel rail, used sv0 injectors. and i have a NW 90tb...and yes i do have a good hook up for my parts