Shift Kit with Corvette servo

Go to the TCI site and look. Also, do a search for "high performance transmissions + 4L60E". You'll find more one or two choices and then it's up to you to decide which. Personally, I think the addition a a servo with a shift kit is a little much. The shift kit on my last truck shifted too firm under low load conditions and I didn't like it at all.

Go to the TCI site and look. Also, do a search for "high performance transmissions + 4L60E". You'll find more one or two choices and then it's up to you to decide which. Personally, I think the addition a a servo with a shift kit is a little much. The shift kit on my last truck shifted too firm under low load conditions and I didn't like it at all.

Woosie :P

:jester:

personally, my preferrence is shift improvement kits from superior. a shift kit with a servo tends to work well in most, but didnt' seem to go well with setti's. i'd start off with one or the other.

i installed them both into a 2000 silverado last summer for a guy and they worked out well without changing anything else in the trans. i think you'll like them ben. i also use the billet servo in my personal truck and plan to install the 4th gear servo next time i get around to dropping the crossmember.

Any opinions out there about this kit and if it would be a good one?

TransGo Shift kit with Corvette servo

Slimsoftball,

Hey, I just went to Nelson Performance in San Antonio, who works very closely with JAG Performance (in the same shop) and Joe there just installed this Corvette Servo and Shift kit in my SS.

HOLY SH#$ what a difference. It got rid of all the slop. They gave me 3 choices. crisp, very hard, and launching. I chose the softest, crisp, and I am glad I did, as this is very firm. It definitely imediately engages and the shifts are immediate. It lurches a bit at every gear, but just feels tight. It is not irritating. Joe described the 3 choises this way. If there is beer in a bottle in your lap, crisp, and the shift is tight, but the beer stays in the bottle. Hard, the beer is in your face. Launching and the beer bottle hits you in the chin.

I have not had tuning done as FarmTruc did not have his cable to do the tuning so I can definitely feel the computer pulling timing and killing the motor's power every shift before, during, and after.

We all laughed that I did not take a camera with me and do the preverbial picture thing. But you can ask several guys. I now have the shift kit and corvette servos and what a difference. Farmtruc believes I can take all the torque management out of the engine now and have no issues.

Now, if I only had some horse power to put to that transmission.

Transgo shift kit?

Yes, transgo, with the vette servo.

Glad you like it Brent, thanks for the write up, we'll get it tuned when i get my other cable in, i wasn't too sure about the cable i have , it has an open in one of the wires i don't feel like tracing.

see ya soon,

allen

Eric,

Just go ahead get the kit and both servos (corvette and overdrive) along with a new TC. Drop your tranny out and do all at once Those are my plans. A shift kit is a piece of cake, just a little messy. But, you're an initiated Chief :D I know you don't mind that.

Slimsoftball,

Hey, I just went to Nelson Performance in San Antonio, who works very closely with JAG Performance (in the same shop) and Joe there just installed this Corvette Servo and Shift kit in my SS.

HOLY SH#$ what a difference. It got rid of all the slop. They gave me 3 choices. crisp, very hard, and launching. I chose the softest, crisp, and I am glad I did, as this is very firm. It definitely imediately engages and the shifts are immediate. It lurches a bit at every gear, but just feels tight. It is not irritating. Joe described the 3 choises this way. If there is beer in a bottle in your lap, crisp, and the shift is tight, but the beer stays in the bottle. Hard, the beer is in your face. Launching and the beer bottle hits you in the chin.

I have not had tuning done as FarmTruc did not have his cable to do the tuning so I can definitely feel the computer pulling timing and killing the motor's power every shift before, during, and after.

We all laughed that I did not take a camera with me and do the preverbial picture thing. But you can ask several guys. I now have the shift kit and corvette servos and what a difference. Farmtruc believes I can take all the torque management out of the engine now and have no issues.

Now, if I only had some horse power to put to that transmission.

Thanks for the info MustBBrent, I appreciate it. I will definately look into that.

As far as the tuning with Allen goes, I am definately going to do it. I have that cam and springs sitting in my garage and the 3.0 pulley on the way. Once I get those in I will take a drive down to Sn Antonio and get her tuned. I may let them do the servo and shift kit, maybe even the TQ while I am there.

Eric,

Just go ahead get the kit and both servos (corvette and overdrive) along with a new TC. Drop your tranny out and do all at once Those are my plans. A shift kit is a piece of cake, just a little messy. But, you're an initiated Chief :D I know you don't mind that.

Ben,

I may do that. I see tbyrne has 10% off there TC's right now.

O yea, messy is no big deal for me. Initiated Chief, Golden Shellback and Bluenose. There is nothing in that transmission that can get me messier than those. ;)

Archived