More Titan stuff

TexaSS

vmax - i am not really easily intimidated. touche on the comeback.

gixx - who said anything about being the big shlt? nice rant gix when you have something intelligent or constructive to say please do so. I think you missed the point. Here are the cliff notes - SS owner rents Titan for a possible race and then fails to close the deal. Another SS rant. end of story.

motor - i will be in vegas for the new year - unfortunately the T doesn't fit on the overhead compartment. lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know SoBe, you are a good sport. I hope you stay around 'cause I enjoy your posts. There is some entertainment value here. :)

My neighbor still has his Titan at this point. Maybe I should run him in my V-Max. Or I have one of those G-Tech somethin' somethin' RR thingys. Maybe we should test 0-60 on each of our rides. I won't do a quarter, cause theres nowhere to legally go 90MPH around here.

Ahh, it's just talk. I don't really care who would win. If the Titan did, I would still like my Chevy better. As I have said, I respect the Titans. They are innovative, well built, and even powerful trucks. I am just a Chevy man. Always will be.

By the way SoBe, those are some pretty impressive dyno numbers in your sig. If that is any indication of what my neighbor's truck is capable of, then I'm scared :shakehead:

My V-Max only pulled 289HP and 320TQ on the dyno. Pretty impressive Titan you got there. I have since added the CAI, but that's probably only good for 10HP or so.

My neighbor's Titan is completely stock except for fancy wheels, a tonneau, and a K&N kit. So with my PCM, it's probably not a fair run.

Mike

Well If titans are the big shit. WHy dont they stand up and run it. My SS is a 2wd. If you want to hook them u and pull or race it just step up like a real man.  Titan drivers are  :cry:

SoBeGraphics is a good guy, i've been on the Titan forum for a while. Both that forum and this one have their share of "characters" so that being said I think you will find a few Titan folks to run against you but stock it's almost unfair to run a "performance" truck against one that is not rated in that category unless of course it's "run what you brung" then all bets are off. It would probably be something like you and me hooking up a chain to see who gets pulled around the parking lot. A race is a race and if you find someone to run against you have a good time and be safe but you shouldn't bash a whole group of truck owners because of a few. :cheers:

Edited by GMVisitor (see edit history)

thanks GM. Yeah i am used to swimming with sharks.

v-max - yeah my numbers are up there. not all titans are created equal - we had a dyno day and a few titans with the same mods produced different numbers. the titan ecu's are pesky and tend to like a rich mix.

Edited by SoBeGraphics (see edit history)

Just to add something Sobe your titan dont pull like a deisle your lacking about 300ftlbs of tq. I almost thought about getting 1 but i saved that little extra money and got me a real truck. See im :chevy: all the way so i couldnt jump ship. What do you have done to yours that gives it a little more than the rest of the titans. Have you taken it to the track yet.

Just to add something Sobe your titan dont pull like a deisle your lacking about 300ftlbs of tq. I almost thought about getting 1 but i saved that little extra money and got me a real truck. See im  :chevy: all the way so i couldnt jump ship. What do you have done to yours that gives it a little more than the rest of the titans. Have you taken it to the track yet.

I cant stand diesels - clackatty loud and smelly and slow unless you go methane but then you will probably crack your block. not for me. I went with the Titan because of the torque. Dont kid yourself. Drive one and try towing with one. I sometimes forget i am towing my boat back there. "real truck" um ok wutevas. I am not a blinded by brand type of person. I've owned fords, toyotas, hondas, mitsubishi, chevy, dodge, etc. Each person has their motivation for the purchase they have made. The closest track to me is Morosso and that is almost 2 hours from me. We are not really sure why my truck pulls harder.

My brother just got a 06 dmax and its rather quite. Hay im not a hater of other vehicals i just like to pick on people a little its all in fun tho. Some people just get pissed really quick or they dont like the kidding but if your gonna dish it out you better be able to take it too.

post-8771-1165789556_thumb.jpg

I've owned fords, toyotas, hondas, mitsubishi, chevy, dodge, etc. Each person has their motivation for the purchase they have made.

:withstupid: I dont really have brand loyalty, educated consumer, but in the end i still have a SS. And yeah I agree, SoBe is a good sport

I cant stand diesels - clackatty loud and smelly and slow unless you go methane but then you will probably crack your block.  not for me.  I went with the Titan because of the torque.  Dont kid yourself.  Drive one and try towing with one.  I sometimes forget i am towing my boat back there.

You obviously have not driven one of the new diesel trucks (any brand) if you can say this and keep a straight face.

My truck pulls my camp trailer "pretty good" also, but I would not try to outrun a diesel hooked to the same weight. I'd luz4sure. Diesels rule when it comes to pulling. Oh, and I don't know about your Titan, but my truck gets about 9.5 MPG when I am pulling my 6,500 lb trailer. My father in law has a Cummins Dodge (cough cough) and that thing will pull that much and not even know it's back there - while getting 18 MPG.

From what my neighbor says about his Titan, I doubt you'd even get 9.5. He says he was getting 10.5 in town empty. I can get over 13 even getting on it occasionally.

By the way, I just ran an errand, and when I got home, there was a new Duramax sitting in the neighbor's driveway with his old plate on it. I guess the Titan is history.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

I cant stand diesels - clackatty loud and smelly and slow unless you go methane but then you will probably crack your block.  not for me.  I went with the Titan because of the torque. 

Ouch!

I have a buddy with a modded Duramax, it's as fast as most lightweight street cars, and it's an extended cab dually with a canopy.

LOTS of my buddies own modded Cummins Turbo diesels, you don't need "methane" to go fast in them, that's for sure. (I think you mean PROPANE anyways, the "methane" THOSE GUYS have usually seeps into their seats.... ;) )

Diesels nowadays make noise on the outside, but inside they are quite liveable, the ones I've been in anyways. I drove a dead stock Cummins 305hp turbo diesel, it was VERY surprising to me how fast it was.

:dunno:

Sobe, eff the plane ride drive out so some of us vegas guys can have some fun with a titan. Finally there will be a titan guy in vegas that is willing to run them and he doesn't have his truck lol. It is quite a long drive though from florida haha I did the drive from missouri in my 98 lifted dodge ram full of stuff and that sucked. You should have fun anyways, vegas is AWESOME for the new years.

Sobe, eff the plane ride drive out so some of us vegas guys can have some fun with a titan.  Finally there will be a titan guy in vegas that is willing to run them and he doesn't have his truck lol.  It is quite a long drive though from florida haha I did the drive from missouri in my 98 lifted dodge ram full of stuff and that sucked.  You should have fun anyways, vegas is AWESOME for the new years.

The party switch will be in the ON POSITION

cartman.gif

I don't know! All this dissing from site to site! I think it's hillarious! But the funny thing is...I beat a stock SS with my Titan! It was a 4x4 Stock SS. I look at all your Sigs and see some impressively built machines! But thats all you guys are biasing your head with! I mean talkin like "I smoked that Titan so bad he finally got to see what a SS tailgate looked like!".... I sure hope so! Runnin a 4X2 well modded SS (Which is a performance truck) against what I see to believe is Stock Titans. Why don't you try to run against SRT10's and Ford Lightnings? Because stock for stock they would scrape the SS all over the road!

Ohh Bye The way...I got some videos of me pullin out a couple of Silverado's out of the mud with my Titan! I would post it but I don't want you to lose your egos. Because I use my truck for what it was made to do!....Which is pull out Stuck Chevy's! Read my user name! :devil::devil:

Edited by GeT_a_ReAl_TrUcK! (see edit history)