More Titan stuff

TexaSS

My younger brother had a minor collision in his 2005 GMC on Monday, and he put his truck in the shop on Wednesday. His insurance pays for him to get a rental car, and they brought him some little Kia POS :crackup:

He decided that he wasn't going to be seen in that thing, so he splurged the extra 6 bucks a day to get a pickup, and he got put in to a 2006 Titan with about 6,000 miles on it. He told me this, so I told him to come by and let me drive it.

I'm not going to lie, I liked the truck. Not as much as my SS, but I liked it. Anyway, the truck gets up pretty good. We are going to give them a run, probably sometime tomorrow afternoon or maybe even later today. I wasn't that worried about it after reading all over the site about how the Titan isn't supposed to be as quick as the SS, but driving it surprised me a little.

We will give it a go from both a stop and a roll. If any of you guys have any other tests you would like to hear about let me know.

btw my truck is stock except for the flowmaster 40 series

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbor bought a Titan shortly after I bought my Vortec MAX. A couple of days ago, I was showing him my SS grille I bought and he told me he was getting rid of his Titan to get a Duramax. I asked why. He told me the Titan, even though it is rated to tow like 9,500 pounds, just does not do it very well. He only pulls maybe 7,500 lbs with it. He said the rear springs are just way too soft to hold any tongue weight.

He said he just never did like his Titan, that he could not get used to it. He said "it's just not a Chevy." He also complained about every time he looked at his rear view mirror, he saw the reflection of his radio off the back window. He said that drove him crazy.

As I've said in earlier posts, I actually like the Titans. Nissan had some damn good (and innovative) ideas they used in that truck. But I'm with the neighbor when I say "it's just not a Chevy."

My .02

Mike

My younger brother had a minor collision in his 2005 GMC on Monday, and he put his truck in the shop on Wednesday.  His insurance pays for him to get a rental car, and they brought him some little Kia POS  :crackup:

He decided that he wasn't going to be seen in that thing, so he splurged the extra 6 bucks a day to get a pickup, and he got put in to a 2006 Titan with about 6,000 miles on it.  He told me this, so I told him to come by and let me drive it. 

I'm not going to lie, I liked the truck.  Not as much as my SS, but I liked it.  Anyway, the truck gets up pretty good.  We are going to give them a run, probably sometime tomorrow afternoon or maybe even later today.  I wasn't that worried about it after reading all over the site about how the Titan isn't supposed to be as quick as the SS, but driving it surprised me a little. 

We will give it a go from both a stop and a roll.  If any of you guys have any other tests you would like to hear about let me know. 

Any other tests??? Hmmm. See how it stands up to a brick wall going 50mph :D

My younger brother had a minor collision in his 2005 GMC on Monday, and he put his truck in the shop on Wednesday.  His insurance pays for him to get a rental car, and they brought him some little Kia POS  :crackup:

He decided that he wasn't going to be seen in that thing, so he splurged the extra 6 bucks a day to get a pickup, and he got put in to a 2006 Titan with about 6,000 miles on it.  He told me this, so I told him to come by and let me drive it. 

I'm not going to lie, I liked the truck.  Not as much as my SS, but I liked it.  Anyway, the truck gets up pretty good.  We are going to give them a run, probably sometime tomorrow afternoon or maybe even later today.  I wasn't that worried about it after reading all over the site about how the Titan isn't supposed to be as quick as the SS, but driving it surprised me a little. 

We will give it a go from both a stop and a roll.  If any of you guys have any other tests you would like to hear about let me know. 

wow! some one is bitter.... i got a test!!!! lets get a big chain and hook up a 4wd TITAN to an SS and see who drags one another down the street...

wow! some one is bitter.... i got a test!!!! lets get a big chain and hook up a 4wd TITAN to an SS and see who drags one another down the street...

id bet on that the awd ss would be the correct match and the titan has 1 ft lb less than the ss in torque and the ss beign a tad heavier i bet the ss would win.

haha these titan guys all think they bought a diesel towing machine when they actually bought a gasoline truck that really doesn't tow as much as they were lead to believe. Hook one up to an awd SS and get your shit dragged down the road. Good luck titan guys. I always think it's funny that no titan guys wil accept my offer for a race in las vegas.

sorry for my beligerant rants i'm pretty :cheers:

Edited by motorider228 (see edit history)

Well, how did the race turn out? Any video?

Sorry to let you guys down, but it didn't happen. My bro's truck wasn't supposed to be finished until Monday, but by some act of God they got it done late yesterday and he picked it up early this morning. :sigh:

shittttty.......I was looking forward to it too

edit: haha I just saw the titty (titan) guy's post....I would also put my $$ on the SS dragging it down the street

Edited by TexaSS (see edit history)

wow this thread is almost as useless as the I got banned one. You had the oportunity to run one and didn't? dee tee dee. I beat an SS big deal. I tow a 23 open fisherman as many times as i get, weather permitting, and the T pulls like a diesel period. oh yeah and that's a 23 with a full 120 gallon tank 4 people and all the gear. PUUULEASE. V your neighbor has issues. Maybe he prefers smelly diesels? "I dont like to see the radio in the reflection??" is he short? maybe he needs a booster seat? lol they dont make the titan in sizes for women. lol j/k but it was funny. Well as the original poster said "I'm not going to lie, I liked the truck. " and "the truck gets up pretty good." Remember guys this is a regular truck not a Performance specific truck like the SS. So when a regular truck can hold it's own with a "performance truck" you gotta give the T some credit. But then again there will always be haters so hate on!

Edited by SoBeGraphics (see edit history)

V your neighbor has issues.  Maybe he prefers smelly diesels?  "I dont like to see the radio in the reflection??"  is he short?  maybe he needs a booster seat?  lol they dont make the titan in sizes for women.

DOH! You are lucky my 250 lb ex football player neighbor doesn't watch this forum.

Mike

P.S. I thought all Titans were for women. LOL :) Real men are found in Chevy's. Hey - you started it.

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)