03ss vs srt8 300c

diablotruck

Hey guys well the titan went down and another guy from work wants to run his 06 300c srt8 against the ss. I should have a radix in a couple of weeks and was wondering what you guys think about the race. Do I have a chance or will I just be embarassed? I will still run him but just wanting some input. thanks in advance Mario

if you don't have the radix you will be destroyed but i think with the radix you will have the edge on the srt8. Those things are heavy as shit and have 425hp so with the radix you should probably have about that to the wheels. Don't take my word for it though, wait for someone with a radix......or even an SSS to chime in.

If you are running just the radix as is out of the box, no way. You will need LT headers, a smaller pulley on the radix, a 2600-2800 converter will help, full exhaust and a good custom tune. That will get you in the high 12's more than likely and you will maintain any gains you have out of the hole.

My buddy bought a brand new 300 SRT8 and went to Mission Raceways. Dead stock with no mods, with stock tires and the traction control ON he ran a best of 12.93 at 107+ mph, but he only went to the track four times.

I drove the car, I was REALLY impressed how hard it pulled, and I know it keeps pulling well past where I thought it would start to taper off....?

Your best bet is if he runs with the traction control disabled, they spin like a madman.