3.0" Pulley installed, vids inside

Farmtruc

deffinitly interested in hearing how the 5.3 works out.

I'll be doing the 5.3L in a week or so, looks like the guy is coming back up from Monteray (sp) mexico, I'm sure it's gonna kick ass when we're done with it.

I just ordered a 2.90" pulley for it, that should really wake it up.

I can't wait to see how the 5.3 turns out either,

I'm thinking low 13's easy, that is if he gets traction, he's at a 13.7 right now.

I ordered the pulley from projectrwear.com , i sell the pulleys for 89$ if you want one.

later,

allen

How'd the 2.90" work out on the 5.3L you were building?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It turned out great. I had to reduce the timing table a little bit, there was some noticable knock.

The tune woke the truck up noticably with just the tune, then we added the pulley to see what kind of results that gave, that's when the knock appeared.

We lowered the timing and now it works out great. The truck burns out very easily and max psi was at 9.5 or a tad higher.

He's consitantly in the mid 13's now, before it was on and off. I'm thinking with slicks and a good posi the truck will run low 13's. He runs on 17" kuhmos now.

thanks,

allen

It turned out great. I had to reduce the timing table a little bit, there was some noticable knock.

The tune woke the truck up noticably with just the tune, then we added the pulley to see what kind of results that gave, that's when the knock appeared.

We lowered the timing and now it works out great. The truck burns out very easily and max psi was at 9.5 or a tad higher.

He's consitantly in the mid 13's now, before it was on and off. I'm thinking with slicks and a good posi the truck will run low 13's. He runs on 17" kuhmos now.

thanks,

allen

If I'm not mistaken, the stock pulley on a 5.3L is a 3.40", correct? I'm curious as to what a half-inch decrease in pulley size will do to the vehicle - which components will start to break, and in what order? :confused:

Who knows?  Only one way to find out.

Well, there is certainly more than one way to find out....perhaps keeping a tally on farmtruc's friend is a good one.

I guess it depends out how hard you run your truck, hopefully nothing breaks on his truck, but i'll keep you updated on what happens. So far so good.

see ya,

allen

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you guys get your boost gauges on the left part of the frame next to the window?

Several companies make gauge pods. Mine is an Autometer pod. I also have an Autometer boost gauge and an Dakota Digital intercooler coolant temp gauge (water temp gauge). I am rather tempted to change the boost gauge over to Dakota Digital to make them match and the Dakota Digital is much better quality than the Autometer.

I have Dakota Digital Boost/Fuel Pressure gauges. Didn't know if I would like them at first after seeing some of the vids of others gauges, but now I don't think I would go with any other. A little more costly, about double, but they are very accurate and fast. You can give your boost numbers down to decimal points easily and there is no parralex (sp?) error involved.

Hahaha, I just logged on and realized that I am not the only geek in town (though dcairns and I seem to be be the only ones logged on at 7:15AM on a Saturday) :eek::eek::eek:

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Fun Guy, novanet, BenKey, dcairns

Archived