3.0" Pulley installed, vids inside

Farmtruc

The stock Radix pulley has a 3.3" pulley.

The 3.0" pulley made a noticable difference over the stock pulley.

The stock pulley made exactly 5psi.

The 3.0" pulley made 6.5psi thru first, as the boost built a tad, it moved to about 6.8psi and in third it hit exactly 7psi.

There was absolutely no detonation and the a/f was still a little rich, (that's superchips tuning).

Your numbers seem a bit low, my Autometer Phantom gauge shows a max of 7 lbs with a 3.10 pulley. I live at about 300 ft elevation. What does your boost gauge read when the engine is off? Perhaps it is just the accuracy of the gauges we have that makes the difference.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see any reason not to go to the 3.10 over the 3.30, since dcairns and schklege both have one that came stock with their units, and have not experienced any problems. Going to the 3.0???? Remains to be seen.

That 3.0" I just did, had no KR, seems like it'll work just fine.

You shouldn't need a puller to take the pulley off. Just remove the nut and pull on it with using your hands, it came right off.

later,

allen

Cool, thanks. :thumbs:

The stock Radix pulley has a 3.3" pulley.

The 3.0" pulley made a noticable difference over the stock pulley. 

The stock pulley made exactly 5psi.

The 3.0" pulley made 6.5psi thru first, as the boost built a tad, it moved to about 6.8psi and in third it hit exactly 7psi.

There was absolutely no detonation and the a/f was still a little rich, (that's superchips tuning).

Your numbers seem a bit low, my Autometer Phantom gauge shows a max of 7 lbs with a 3.10 pulley. I live at about 300 ft elevation. What does your boost gauge read when the engine is off? Perhaps it is just the accuracy of the gauges we have that makes the difference.

I was getting some very high boost readings so I paid 25 bucks to have it calibrated. It was reading high on a progressive basis. The more boost the more it was off. The gauge was fine it was the sending unit thing a ma jig that was off. Almost 3 lbs higher than actual before calibration.

So they can be off both ways I guess. But being that I'm running more boost than FarmTruc I'd say his is off to the low side.

Who's going to be 1st with a Radix and a shot of NO2 ? Mid to low 12's with that combo I'd guess

So you think that customers gauge is off and it's reading a tad low on the boost?

I'll see what I can do to get it calibrated like you.

How do I go about getting it calibrated, that sux you buy a new gauge and it needs fixing.

Also, on the n20 question, I bet I can talk the customer into doing a 50shot or so. He's kind of scared of it , but a 50 should be just fine. That would be one hell of a take off with that shot and say a 3200 stall converter. He is getting a 3K stall soon, right after the cam. Next week we're installing a shift kit and servo.

BTW, i just orderd a 2.90" pulley for a Radix charged '03 5.3L, I know it has less compression, but I'll keep you guys posted just in case anybody is interested.

see ya online,

allen

deffinitly interested in hearing how the 5.3 works out.

I'll be doing the 5.3L in a week or so, looks like the guy is coming back up from Monteray (sp) mexico, I'm sure it's gonna kick ass when we're done with it.

I just ordered a 2.90" pulley for it, that should really wake it up.

I can't wait to see how the 5.3 turns out either,

I'm thinking low 13's easy, that is if he gets traction, he's at a 13.7 right now.

I ordered the pulley from projectrwear.com , i sell the pulleys for 89$ if you want one.

later,

allen

Archived