PS3 on ebay

nxtnlne

I honestly think that eBay should forbid people to sell new game systems within 6 months of their launch...then you wouldn't have a whole bunch of a$$holes going out and snatching up what few units there are available to sell for 2 or 3 times what they retail for and leave the rest of us that actually want to OWN one SOL!

Well, due to some unbelieveable blind luck, I managed to get a PS3 60GB model at BestBuy today! I was there buying the new Ice Age movie for my g/f and I saw a bunch of guys at the checkout with PS3's. I asked one of them where they'd got them since I didn't see them out in the video games section of the store and they pointed to a sales manager by the entrance. So I asked him if there were any left and he said he had 4 60GB's left from a shipment of 20 they had just received this morning!! I can't believe my good fortune! I picked up 3 extra controllers and copies of Resistance: Fall of Man, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and Need for Speed: Carbon. I'll let you all know how it is tonite when I get it set up!!

If my kid felt like she needed one I would just tell her to wait for a week after christmas because the stores will be filled with PS3's that will probably be on sale. After christmas the demand disapears.

I can ASSURE YOU ... You will not see a drop in suggested retail price (what stores are contracted to sell systems for) on the PS3 for at least a year to one and a half ... a new release as the PS3 will not see a price drop any time soon ... maybe some core bundles after MAYBE a year if their sales fall off, which they won't ...

SONY has yet to make a single mistake in any of their system releases ... IMO

Get one at the retail of $599 if you can before the rush after T-Day

If my kid felt like she needed one I would just tell her to wait for a week after christmas because the stores will be filled with PS3's that will probably be on sale. After christmas the demand disapears.

I can ASSURE YOU ... You will not see a drop in suggested retail price (what stores are contracted to sell systems for) on the PS3 for at least a year to one and a half ... a new release as the PS3 will not see a price drop any time soon ... maybe some core bundles after MAYBE a year if their sales fall off, which they won't ...

I guess what I was really getting at was they are so limited right now that people are paying 2x's what they are worth when they can wait till after christmas and you should be able to go right out and buy one for $600 and not $1200

Not true! Analysts have already stated that Sony failed to deliver on the promise of 400,000 units for launch day, saying that the actual number is closer to 200,000. In addition to that, subsequent shipments will be "trickling in under the radar" just as did the shipment I was lucky to get one from at my local Bestbuy. Most experts are stating it will take Sony close to 6 months to have supply catch demand, which means March 2007. However, I don't even see that happening because the PS3 gets released in Europe in March 2007, so supplies are still going to be low. And as for the price dropping, don't expect that to happen anytime soon either, because the PS2 didn't drop from it's launch price of $299.99 until two years after it had been available to the public!

In my opinion, those individuals who think that $599.99 is an outrageous price for the system obviously don't know much about it. Being that it is a fully functional Blu-Ray DVD player in addition to being a kicka$$ game system makes it well worth the cost. Right now stand alone Blu-Ray DVD players are selling for between $999.99 and $1499.99!!

My advice? If you can find one, GET IT!! It is worth the money! Just my $0.02