Bad power steering pump?????

nxtnlne

had my gear box and drivers side window regulator changed just a few weeks after taking it home. my gear box would grunt every now and then. they were pretty good about it.

alan

had my gear box and drivers side window regulator changed just a few weeks after taking it home. my gear box would grunt every now and then. they were pretty good about it.

alan

So im not the only one huh. :chevy: I think I should try another dealer and be done with it.

i was having problems with my intermediate shaft (if i remember right) on my 05 silverado rydell chevrolet in northridge fixed it no problem... come to think of it when i burnt out the pcm on my 03 silverado (messing with the shift pressure settings on my superchips tuner) it would'nt start they came and towed it there dealership and again fixed it without a problem even gave me a trailblazer to use for a day.. maybe you should go to them :dunno:

every visit after that has been a nightmare. i hate that call "its all done!.........but could not duplicate".my salesman did switch dealerships. so maybe i will too, the one he went to is closer to my house anyway. vegas has like 50 chevy dealerships to choose from.

alan

Yeah I think I need to switch. Maybe there just not happy with there job so they dont give a sh*t. I try not to get upset with them but when they say things like its normal or within specs it just gets me even more fired up. Its normal huh? Do all Silverados do this then? No...just mine but its normal right? :icon_bs: ......(8:05 am here)and I should be getting the its all done call shortly. Im tired too. We had a stop work meeting last night so I could only pick up a 3 oclock job (3am-8 am). I got about an hour sleep last nightbefore I went to work. Kids get out at 12:00ish today and I have to be at my dispatch hall by 4:30 pm to get a 6 oclock job (6pm-3am).....wonder when the dealer will call.......... :banghead: oh well...thanks for hearing me :tear: . :D

every visit after that has been a nightmare. i hate that call "its all done!.........but could not duplicate".my salesman did switch dealerships. so maybe i will too, the one he went to is closer to my house anyway. vegas has like 50 chevy dealerships to choose from.

alan

Got my truck, they say they changed the gear box. My steering wheel is off center and its pulling to the right. Fri my truck started to do the same thing binding. Just took it back today Monday. Tech comes out before the service wirter even talks to me and says he couldnt get it to duplicate the binding and since its doing it now he thinks its the pump. :dunno: While he is telling me this Im turning the wheel left to right and its binding both ways. I dont get it.When this is resolved Im done with that dealership.

alan

Got my truck, they say they changed the gear box. My steering wheel is off center and its pulling to the right. Fri my truck started to do the same thing binding. Just took it back today Monday. Tech comes out before the service wirter even talks to me and says he couldnt get it to duplicate the binding and since its doing it now he thinks its the pump. :dunno: While he is telling me this Im turning the wheel left to right and its binding both ways. I dont get it.When this is resolved Im done with that dealership.

really the only thing you can do is be angry and switch dealerships. its all under warranty so its not like you are paying for any of this. you could try to get some gas and oil change coupons.

Alan

did the pump seem to fix the problem. i just remembered that after i got my truck back after they changed the gear box, i noticed they didn't clean up the oil they spilled and there was boot print on my front bumper. some peoples kids man!

Alan

Yeah they havent done the pump yet. They just did the gear box. The first time I took it in, I told them I thought it was the pump. The pump had over flowed all over. They checked it and said could not duplicate the binding. They said it was noisy but within specs. Also that when its cold pressure would build and its normal to have some resistence. :icon_bs: I brought it back again and again and they said the same. Finally I had the tech come out and showed him on the spot. :dunno: So he said gear box not pump. Picked it up and later that night and it was doing it again binding and tugging to the left also the steering wheel was off center. Brought it in on Mon. and the tech rushed over and jumped in the truck and I didnt even have to leave the lot to get it to bind. He was like "oh yeah, yup there it is boy I'm sure glad you could get it to bindecause I couldnt." :crackup: .When they finfished with the gearbox it was binding on them and they still realesed it to me. He said I could get to bind to the left but not the right so I didnt change the pump. :dunno: I get it back today or tomorrow. And I did call the writer and its getting washed, and some fuel with the next oil change free. :thumbs: we will see about the under hood mess when I recieve the truck. Thanks Alan!

:chevy: Got To Love It.

Took truck back to dealer today. same binding. and tech pressure washed the paint off frame and didnt even repaint. They now say they found a tsb from july 06 that states to change the g70 gearbox to a g80 gear box. and they have a different pump with a valve thats on backorder for 6 months. :icon_bs: This is getting old.