Steering Wheel Clunking Petition Y/N ?

perk03z06

Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...

So many things need recalled it isnt even funny. my first year of ownership I was in the dealer for warranty more than on the road.

5x for no horn

7x seat moving forward everytime I rolled my windows down

3x for steering clunk

10x! for tranny not wanting to shift out of 2nd (still never fixed)

1x truck completely shut off@70mph down the interstate

3x tranny noises (there again)

..and many other things. I dunno how many of you experienced what I listed above but there were a few SS's in the dealers with same problems. Pissed me off to the point that I almost got rid of it, but now I'm glad I didnt. Other than the tranny issues everything else got fixed after numerous visits and last straw letting them know if it wasnt done properly they can forget my family buying vehicles there again.

• 4 weeks later...

Well just had mine done 3 months ago, it is supposed to be a new part design so they tell me, before that all they could do is a grease kit

which only lasts about 3 months then its back

So I bitched at them big time to do it rite this time and they covered it under warranty a year out of almost

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I vote yes!!

I have 59k on my 03 sss stock, I have not had it worked on yet but I am sure I will have to soon the clunk is getting worse each day.

let me know what other info you need and when and I will send it to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys just a heads up. I had my 03 SS at the dealership today it has 39800 miles and is out of warrenty. I had the stearing shaft replaced 1.5 years ago and about 16K miles. When I pulled in and talked to the service guy and told him the problem he said no problem that they had a new one in and it would not cost me anything. Apparently this shaft has only been out a few months and should solve the problem. I hope everone else gets theirs taken care of.