Steering Wheel Clunking Petition Y/N ?

perk03z06

Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?

• Yes
    • No

Mines goin in on thursday to get lubed, and my heat doesn't work on the drivers side floor or the recirculting mode. The button blinks then goes out.  :banghead:

Reirc. Only works with certian modes, like defrost, or floor. Try changing the setting and see it it stays on.

No it doesn't i tried the other modes. The guy I bought it from told me he had problems with the a/c that one of the door was stuck and he opened it. Not sure but its under warantee so i'm not worried. Just a pain in the aSS cause the chevy dealer near my house sucks so I gotta get a ride to the next city and drop it for the day. :banghead:

Might want to hold off a month or two, my service manager just told me today and sounded 100% positive that a new designed shaft should be shipping in mid to late January.

Can anyone else on here confirm this? :confused:

Or, at least confirm that they work for GM and that they've heard GM is taking steps to resolve this problem? :smash:

I have 2005 silverado crew cab. The clunikng started at 18K miles. I have had the rack and pinion replaced and a new bolt in the steering shft. It has happened 4 times after the initial time. each time they relube the steering shaft. I have opened a claim with the Better Business Bureau. I have an arbitration meeting with GM on Monday dec 11,2006.

I also was able to get a memo that went to the service writers. It addresses the clunking noise in the steering.

GM is aware of this problem on 1999-2007 silverados,2000-2006 suburbansand tahoes, the GMC sierra,yukon, denali,xl, basically all the trucks that have the same frame. It is a supplement to 00-02-35-003k. The new part should be ready 2/07.Gm is fully aware of ths problem but refuses to take any coreective action except to relube the shaft.

I will keep you updated on the arbitration

Quick note: I filled out he complaint form on line for the BBB. GM contacted me 4 hours later and thru the course of a month, Gm keeps offering me repairs in GOODWILL but will not offer anything in writing. I am very pleased with working with thee BBB n this issue

thanks

I am all for adding my name . . . PM me for all details.

FYI - we did the same sort of petitition as part of ClubGP (Grand Prix) and that actually resulted in GM creating an actual recall to repair leaking/failing magnasteer II steering boxes. So it can work.

We must just remain positive, professional, and most of all, conssistent. Continue to push for answers, but we most remain 100% professional. We will get much more respect that way!