Steering Wheel Clunking Petition Y/N ?

perk03z06

Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?

• Yes
    • No

I'm on version 2.0 and it is doing it again. I am down for it. Maybe we could reach out to www.gm-trucks.com too as that is a pretty large community and I know this problem is not only reduced to SS owners. I'll PM the info once we are organized with a decision. :thumbs:

I checked the wrong box on the poll!!!!! I vote yes. I went to look at the new avalanche ask the salesman if they fixed intermediate steering shaft? "he said no and that gm has told us that it was the consumer responsibility to maintain the shaft" i agree i should be responsible for maintenance, however I've not had deal with greasing this shaft on any other vehicles before. greased 3 times replaced 2 times on 03ss with 40,000miles.

Count me in I had mine replaced last yr and I had to take mine in this week because my passenger mirror quit heating and I had like 35,900 miles on it so I told them to grease it while I had it there cause it was just starting to act up a little. So I figure this is going to be a once a yr deal. Hey taws04SS had an ideal while we were at the Kentucky gathering at the corvette museum about taking it apart and putting in a grease fitting to keep it greased. I dont know if he ever has looked into it or not.

GM probally has 2 folders full of all the complaints I've called them about. THey didn't want to give me any help, it got lubed once when it was origianlly turned in back in 2004, since i have called to get a new one multiple times and I was told NO. Its just easier for me to lube it myself.

I checked the wrong box on the poll!!!!! I vote yes.    I went to look at the new avalanche ask the salesman if they fixed intermediate steering shaft? "he said no and that gm has told us that it was  the consumer responsibility to maintain the shaft" i agree  i should be responsible for maintenance, however  I've not had deal with greasing this shaft on any other vehicles before. greased 3 times  replaced 2 times on 03ss with 40,000miles.

i was about to ask , who the hell put no??? :crackup:

• 2 weeks later...