New Hood

montanass

Well i was looking into the group buy on hoods last weekend, and i was talking to a buddy trying to get him to buy one, and he told me about a hood at a local body shop. I called em up and they said the hood was brand new, and needed paint, and would sell the hood for $350 plus paint. So i picked it up for $450 painted... Its a Reflexxions brand hood... Here's a couple of pics:

PS- I almost hit a deer about 15 munutes after i had the hood installed :lol: it would've blown... but the ABS and sport tuned suspension saved my ass :D

post-7418-1163356943_thumb.jpg

post-7418-1163357005_thumb.jpg

post-7418-1163357079_thumb.jpg

Looks nice, that cowl is pretty tall. Is it 2" like the Goodmark (Chase), or more?

Also, a great price on getting it painted. What have guys that already have hoods paid to get them painted? Since this group buy has come up I've asked a couple places and heard prices from $500 to $675 just for paint :eek: Is it just because of strict CA EPA laws, or am I getting screwed?

Edited by pnblwzd (see edit history)

Looks nice, that cowl is pretty tall.  Is it 2" like the Goodmark (Chase), or more?

Also, a great price on getting it painted.  What have guys that already have hoods paid to get them painted?  Since this group buy has come up I've asked a couple places and heard prices from $500 to $675 just for paint  :eek:  Is it just because of strict CA EPA laws, or am I getting screwed?

I paid 175 for mine to get painted...from the Gm Dealership...

Looks nice, that cowl is pretty tall.  Is it 2" like the Goodmark (Chase), or more?

Also, a great price on getting it painted.  What have guys that already have hoods paid to get them painted?  Since this group buy has come up I've asked a couple places and heard prices from $500 to $675 just for paint  :eek:  Is it just because of strict CA EPA laws, or am I getting screwed?

I paid 175 for mine to get painted...from the Gm Dealership...

Sounds like I need to shop around more.