SEMA Silverado 427 Concept

HedSwim

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not digging the exhaust . I`ll take mine in black.

Man......lol, I got glued to the computer screen because of that animated sig!!!! I like. I'd buy that for sure! :lol:

That SS Silverado will not get built. I would love to see it built and sold, but all of you know just as I do that a single cab with that much HP will not be made.

I will bet the EXT cab version with the 6.2L will be made matted to the 6L80E. I can honestly see that truck. It has performance features, sport styling, function, and best of all, upgradeable to FI. I'm sure it will be only offered in AWD to plant all that power.

Time will tell, but I'd keep all of your hopes more set on an ECSB SSS.

Jim

• 1 month later...
That truck would be a day late and a dollar short to get into a dance thats already over. The L, SRT10, etc...all dead. The only sport trucks surviving are functional usable AWD SUV's like the jeep SRT8 and TBSS (not even real trucks). The only way that would be remotely successful is if it had a good tow rating, 4x4/AWD options, and extended cab options. I think one of the biggest issues with consumers with the SRT10 was just how useless it was because all it was is a go fast machine. Many go fast machines that are a lot less expensive out there than that. Seriously, how many of you would honestly buy one if it was 2WD and couldnt tow anything? Not many and here is why...if you could swing it as a toy, which it most likely would be, why wouldnt you just buy a corvette, CTSV, mustang cobra, used viper? All of which would cost about the same as that truck and be significantly faster.

:withstupid:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
35249.jpg

35250.jpg

"During the heyday of the muscle car, three digits struck fear into the hearts of challengers who found themselves unlucky enough to sidle up next to a Chevy wearing the badge 427. The badge is back on the Silverado 427 – a concept vehicle that demonstrates a tangible extension of the new Silverado’s performance parameters.

The Silverado 427 is powered by GM Powertrain’s 7.0-liter LS7, the same Gen IV small-block V-8 that is the center of power in the Corvette Z06 and available as a “crate engine” package from GM Performance Parts. Its cubic-inch displacement is 427. A six-speed manual transmission backs the engine, providing the driver with full control of the vehicle’s substantial capability. "

Full Article at link: http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Chevrol...do_427_Concept/

That's effin SWEET everytime I look at it.