Best modifications

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a look at Tbyrne's site:

http://www.tbyrne.com/trucks/trucksupercha...rinduction.html

You'll need the base kit to get started. A bottle heater will probably be needed in the winter. I have a MSD window switch to keep the nuitrous turned off at very low or very high rpms, to keep from damaging anything. A TPS (throttle position sensor) switch is also recommended, to only turn on the nitrous at full throttle.

After that, fun stuff like a purge can be added.

For a good deal, you can look in the classifieds section on LS1tech.com and LS1.com I bought my kit used for $350 I think. Then bought a new heater and window switch to fill it out.

More than likely, you'll need to have the timing reduced just a little. On nitrous, the burn is quicker, requiring less timing. Normal timing may be in the 24-27 range, on nitrous, it should be backed off a couple of degrees. Check with Lyndon and see what he suggests.

Don't know how the underdrive pulleys would work with the Supercharger. I have thought about that numerous times. Nobody on here with the supercharger has also changed pulley sizes. I kind of threw that idea out when I did mine. So you could go to $9800 :D If they don't mix.

Hey Ben, when I was speaking with the guys at Procharger, they mentioned using the D-1SC instead of the P-1SC and then using a touch smaller like a 3:10 pulley with my underdrives. Much more than that and it will slip too much.

TimB - I'm sold on nitrous. I'd love to have the always on power of boost, but nitrous is the way to go. Just as a reference, my 99 Z71 excab (same size and weight as the SS) in 3 month span I ran 13.9 on nitrous, then I installed a whipple and ran 14.8, took the whipple off then back to nitrous for a 13.7x. Major difference.

More than likely, you'd spend $5k and run a 13.9, then you'd want to spend some more money to make that S/C run its best. With nitrous, you'd probably run a mid 13 with less than $1000 investment. Add some good bolt ons to the mix and run upper 12s.

Archived