Best modifications

There are allot of great ideas being thrown around the forum lately on the best route to take to get the most out our motor’s and the best possible ¼mi times.

If I had the bucks to do it I would invest a bit into making the SS a real show stopper and was wondering what others think is the best route to take to get the truck into the 12’s or better.

Here is what over time I am going to do thus far:

Bolted on now:

1.Airaid intake

2.ASM headers

3.50 series flowmaster

Future modifications:

1.2600 stall converter

2.Pulleys

3.Electric fans

4.LS1 edit

5.160 thermo

6.Comp cam

7.Heads

8.NX wet system 125 shot nitrous

9.Kenne bell or Magnuson supercharger??

8. New tranny

Those are just the modifications that I can think of right now. With a cool track temp and a bit of weight reduction (bed lid, speaker boxes, tailgate, spare tire, trailer hitch) I would ponder a guess that this setup would get the SS into the mid 12’s.

Krambo :thumbs: right now possibly has the fastest non supercharged SS out there and I am leaning toward going the same route as he has taken and do a supercharger last.

What future modifications do you all have in mind?

:cheers:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wouldn't say that i am to worried about the warranty...more like the hell i get from my mother when i do anything to my truck...asking me what i am wasting my money on :rolleyes: ...so i make sure that i pull into the office quiet... :wtf:

Unless you got the extended, you'll be out of the warranty miles, like next month won't you? :jester:

It sounds to me that you would be there doing just #8 and #9. A radix will put you in the 13s.

The list doesn't sound like a person worried about a warranty??

Well putting on a supercharger I feel as though it will bye bye warranty any ways so I may as well go for the gusto…I do want that boat though… :sigh: ... :D

#8 and #9 will get the truck into the 13’s and both together would probably get a 12sec run, I was just wondering if any one else has some ideas on making the truck a real screamer with all the bolt-ons available put on.

With everything listed above what do you think the possibilities are? Low 12’s maybe 11’s?? :confused:

I'm trying to hurry up and blow mine up and put in one with 450hp to start with. Then add my power adder. If you have hung out at all on the HD site, you'll see that the guys cutting the 12sec times and lower already have pulled out their engines and rebuilt. I would imagine it is the same on the NLOC site.

By the way, I think it's a good idea to hit their site. They love seeing the SS in your sig ;) So far they have been decent. A little brand pride going on, but not much. They have their site set up pretty cool though and have a much better choice of smilies :jester: and other nice features.

JK, on blowing up my ride :D

By the way, I think it's a good idea to hit their site.

Yeah, you can actually learn stuff about superchargers. :thumbs: Not to mention having fun appreciating what kind of work everyone puts into their pride and joy, even if they did buy the wrong brand :jester: .

What? Huh?? there are other websites out there??? :confused: ... :jester:

I'll have to take a look around some of the 3 world sites i guess... :D

We've had Ford guys, mostly lightning guys and a few HD, on here for a while. But, not too many of us on theirs. They seem a little surprised, or maybe it was because two of us were responding to the same thread.

i wouldn't say that i am to worried about the warranty...more like the hell i get from my mother when i do anything to my truck...asking me what i am wasting my money on :rolleyes: ...so i make sure that i pull into the office quiet... :wtf:

Unless you got the extended, you'll be out of the warranty miles, like next month won't you? :jester:

like tomorrow...

actually buy my calculation...i figure...right about march 04...i can't wait... :thumbs::cry:

Krambo :thumbs: right now possibly has the fastest non supercharged SS out there and I am leaning toward going the same route as he has taken and do a supercharger last.

Are you sure?

I posted this 6 months ago, but no one took the bait. Look at the last post:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...p?showtopic=724

Krambo  :thumbs: right now possibly has the fastest non supercharged SS out there and I am leaning toward going the same route as he has taken and do a supercharger last.

Are you sure?

I posted this 6 months ago, but no one took the bait. Look at the last post:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...p?showtopic=724

Richard, are you out to prove your theory this weekend?

My goal is to hit the same time as my Vette, a 12.2...

If I can get my truck to run a 12.2, I'd be satisfied..well, for a few days atleast... :D

With the exhaust, fans and blower behind me, the only way (in my mine) to get to the 12's will be the NX kit, building up trans/converter, and tune.

One other thing to consider is brakes! I'm looking at Baer....:thumbs:

It looks like I need to rob another bank.... :jester:

Archived