Need advise!

26dub_SS

I have a huge problem....This past friday I got pulled for criminal speeding..but the cop wrote me a ticket for reckless driving? Is their a difference...Anyways

I have to go to court on the 23rd..but this would be my third offense like this...I even asked the cop if he got me on radar...he said no! Should I pay the fine or go to trial...their is a good chance the cop wont show up since he works nights and court is usually in the morning! Any advise? :driving:

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Criminal speeding and Wreckless driving are the same, I just asked my dad who is a cop. He said they are both an arrestable offense, he said signing the ticket is the same as being arrested. go to court if you think you have a chance at the very most your going to have to pay the ticket, if your lucky you may get out of it :dunno:

I mean the other two times I was clocked on radar..no chance to fight it...but this time I could of sworn that I was not going this fast like the cop said...he didnt get me on radar I asked him!! How can he prove that??? Can he? :driving:

What speeds are we talking and what was the limit?? Sounds like you were WAY over the posted in all 3 cases.

If you were doing 85 in a 25 he doesn't need to get you on radar to write you up for criminal speeding... theres a point where precedent and a visual estimate by a cop will hold up... if its obvious you were speeding far beyond what would be safe they don't always need to have you on the gun.

Its going to be tough to convince a judge you weren't speeding if you have 2 prior offenses for excessive speed.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

He claimed I was going 85 on a 35...I was not going that fast...he made that shit up!! and only 1 offense has showed up on my record...for some reason one of the past offenses never showed up on my record! :driving:

Not trying to be a dick here, but I'm having a hard time believing you weren't doing 85 in a 35 just based on the fact you have 2 other tickets for excessive speed.

Why the **** do you need to go that fast in a 35... even if its only 65 in a 35 you're 30mph over and thats just asking for trouble.. IMO you need to slow the **** down. :nono: Take your lumps like a man and don't do it again.

I'd be lying if I said I never exceeded the limit, as most here would, but the difference is I'd NEVER do that in a 35... if I'm gonna give it some gas its on a freeway or on a straightaway... maybe with a 55mph posted limit and run up to 80.

Speeding in a 35 zone means you were way over the limit in a residentail or high foot traffic zone... they don't post 35mph limits for nothing.

Hey dylan im asking for advice...not a lecture!!

Hey... heres some advice... slow the **** down... and enjoy not having a licence for awhile, b/c if that cop shows up I can only assume they'd suspend your DL. I hear greyhound buses are really comfortable :seeya:

Take the fine and learn from it, slow down and show some concern for other people on the road. The speed limits aren't just to keep you safe but everyone around you. So my advice is to take it like a man and pay the fine and stop speeding.

Edited by 56chevywagon (see edit history)

O wow thx man..good to know dylan supports me!! I dont know think my license is gone yet!!

Support you?? Gimme a break. We're all buddies here, but when you **** up someones gonna let you know... that much over in a 35 zone is reckless man... doesn't matter how you slice it.

I've watched kids in my neighborhood almost get hit on more occasions than I can remember b/c guys like you think its OK to run thru a 35 zone at 85mph... just be thankful you got away with only a ticket and not vehicular manslaugher.