*Nitrous Injector Location*

jdub396

Where are you guys putting your nitrous injector??  I've got a K&N air intake and where I would think to put it, is directly in front of the throttle body....but thats a plastic 90 degree elbo.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mine is apart of the MAFS because it came that way (as a kit). Closer to the TB the better. Either buy a fitting so it will look nicer or JB weld the sumbish. You could probably tap the plastic intake too, it's not like there's really any stress on it.

im not sure what kit you have. i have the NX wet kit. all i had to do was drill a 9/16" hole in the tube, installed the fitting and sealed it with black permatex. i think it looks pretty nice. my personal preference is that you should'nt have the nozzel that close to the intake. i can post a pic of mine when i get off work.

If I drill and tap a hole in the Al. part of the intake tube (K&N)...surely that nitrous will be able to make the turn into the throttle body, wouldn't it?!?  I guess I'm just not sold on ankering the nozzle in plastic...

i had it in my stock intake tube for awhile before i got the k&N kit and it held in there fine, i think it works very well in the K&N tube

If I drill and tap a hole in the Al. part of the intake tube (K&N)...surely that nitrous will be able to make the turn into the throttle body, wouldn't it?!?   I guess I'm just not sold on ankering the nozzle in plastic...

i had it in my stock intake tube for awhile before i got the k&N kit and it held in there fine, i think it works very well in the K&N tube

Are you talking about the plastic part (90 degree elbow)? Or the K&N straight tube?

I have mine about 6 inches away from the throttle body, drilled into the cai tube

:withstupid: Thats about how far mine is from the TB, its in the tube and I've had no issues with it. I have the NX shark nozzle and I have a 2 peice alluminum nut that holds it it place. You dont really want to put it right in front of the TB, its suppose to be set a few inches from it. I had it right in front of the TB on my last truck cause of the intake set up and noticed a big difference on my truck now (better). :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
Which wire is the one I need for the throttle position censor (03 5.3L)??  I see a plug of many going to the throttle body.  Thanks!

i ditched the whole d.b.w. switch/window switch and went with a microswitch onder the pedal... much easier install.

btw, ive still got the nos window/wot switch and it is for sale!!!