- Sold - Free Used MagnaFlow Exhaust

dcairns

Yeah, there are a couple of catches :) This was installed by MagnaFlow on my 03 SS for test fitting back in Sept 04. I used it for 4 months, and had MagnaFlow put back to stock. Too much noise for an old fart like me, but others seem to like it. It has been sitting in the garage, gathering dust since then. Because they used this for test fitting, Magnaflow did leave a few extra welds on the pipes that you can see in the big pictures below. Only an issue if you spend a lot of time under your truck admiring things ;)

The catches-

1) You must be local to the Southern California area. This makes it easy for you to pickup (sorry, no shipping) and take care of catch 2.

2) Bring me back your old stock SS exhaust, removed with care. Should only take one cut.

HPIM1982.jpg

WAV of the exhaust sound

Really big pic of the exhaust as it is now

Another really big pic of the exhaust as it is now

Bit of history on how I got the exhaust:

Magnaflow is twisting my arm!, Giving me a free exhaust

Dcairns,

How much would it cost me to get the stocker removed on my 03 and have the Magnaflows installed...I might be willing to do this for you...Id trade the stock exhaust any day...I could have it done all over the weekend at a exhaust shop you prefer...

I live in Costa Mesa and work in Anaheim...Let me know...

Also I dont like your tip (no offense), so Id prefer to keep my tip if possible?

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

Just got a quote for $225 for about 2.5 hours to cut off the stock and install your full set up Dave from (http://www.orangecountymuffler.com/)...Anyone think this sounds right?

Theyre the closest shop to me

Very high, IMO. You should be able to easily do it yourself...

I live in Alta loma, just north of ontario, ill be willing to drive out there and trade, i have the stock exhaust all in one piece, no cuts.

One thing is my exhaust is off a VHO same exhaust set up but without the SS tip.

Let me know what you think.

Picture124.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Edited by disguisedSS (see edit history)

Yes, $225 sounds expensive considering you just unbolt the stock exhaust, make a cut in the pipe, to make it easier to wiggle out, and the MagnaFlow bolts right on.

As for the tip, I was hoping to get that as well. I like the look of the stock tip the best. My intention is to see if I can combine two stock exhaust systems to make a true dual exhaust with stock sound levels. At this point I don't even know if I can fit two mufflers down there or not. For such a big truck there is not much room to spare down there :)

SS%20Exhaust-Dual%20Stock.jpg

But depending on how I wind up doing the exits, I may have to replace both of my tips in the process, since the stock tip won't "flip over" for a second exit on the drivers side behind the rear wheel. :dunno: On the other hand, two stock tips will fit one behind the other in the stock position, but I dunno if that would look very good. I guess I need to go by the muffler shop and see what they think they could do for me.

Anyone evere see an exhaust tip that looks like the stock exhaust tip but comes in right and left hand versions?

I guess I need to do some research before I can say if I could do with out the tip.

Dave,

Im willing to trade exhausts, but I will need to call around tomorrow to find another place to do the install...I just dont want to bother with the install myself...and if you guys think $225 is too much I would rather save a few dollars then lose a few...

Do you have any ideas on exhaust places in Orange County, because the install should take maybe an hour to an hour and a half?

Dave can you PM me so that we can work something out that will be beneficial to both of us?

Yes, $225 sounds expensive considering you just unbolt the stock exhaust, make a cut in the pipe, to make it easier to wiggle out, and the MagnaFlow bolts right on. 

As for the tip, I was hoping to get that as well.  I like the look of the stock tip the best.  My intention is to see if I can combine two stock exhaust systems to make a true dual exhaust with stock sound levels.  At this point I don't even know if I can fit two mufflers down there or not.  For such a big truck there is not much room to spare down there :)

SS%20Exhaust-Dual%20Stock.jpg

But depending on how I wind up doing the exits, I may have to replace both of my tips in the process, since the stock tip won't "flip over" for a second exit on the drivers side behind the rear wheel.  :dunno: On the other hand, two stock tips will fit one behind the other in the stock position, but I dunno if that would look very good.  I guess I need to go by the muffler shop and see what they think they could do for me.

Anyone evere see an exhaust tip that looks like the stock exhaust tip but comes in right and left hand versions?

I guess I need to do some research before I can say if I could do with out the tip.

you wont be able to fit two stock mufflers under the truck. one bairly fits.