What happen to my #8 piston???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The failure wasn't spark related at all from the looks of that scan as there wasn't one degree of KR until after he lifted the throttle, then it stayed steady until the end of the scan. From looking at that, something let go in the engine and broken bits of metal bouncing around is what is being read as steady KR until the end of the scan.

If the KR had happened during 100% TPS somewhere, then yes, it would have been knock related, but not after letting off.

Courisous as the the A/F ratio... Did you have a wideband? Do you have a config file to read/scan it in HPT?

post-7241-1160597867_thumb.jpg

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

I also noticed the lack of KR* until after the throttle was lifted. What I did notice though is that when he went through first gear there just before the spot you just posted there is a dip in the maf and rpm as well as the O2 readings hit zero (not like a loss of communication, but a loss of fuel pressure). It almost appears that there was a fuel pressure loss in first gear and then it came back. If that was the case, that would be where the problem actually was, it just didn't break until the next kickdown. If it were just lean in the programming it should have had KR* the whole time also.