What happen to my #8 piston???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys looked at the Vic Jr?  Very easy install.  No mods to pulleys, water pumps, etc.  Plus it's a spider design, so "less heat soak" (although I'm with Jon on that part).

Your talking about the one with fuel injection and not the one for carburated applications then? I have seen this one but the square bore intake kinda turns me off because then you have th run that 90* adapter which looks kinda funny to me.

Ok so what about that intake with one of the new truck elbows he sells. Then do some direct port on the intake and bolt up a LS2 Corvette 90mm TB?????? Does that sound too easy?

I'm sure that would work and i'm sure some one has a wireing adapter to make that work.

If Im not mistaken Speartech makes one. You also need a TAC module of some sort (not to sure maybe someone can chim in). I don't think there is any need to modify the water pump or anything else. I was thinking about just calling Aaron @ the elbow place and send him my 60lb motron injectors and have him put everything together along with the fuel rails he offers.

I think I saw a test on that pump for a standard LS1 and it added 8HP to it on the dyno.  I will get a price total for my plans and post it just incase anyone wants to use some of the setup.

Is anyone else here running a direct port nitrous setup?

Oooooooo, direct port = :driving:

A couple of things on the tuning though... more cube+nitrous will take just as much if not more tuning/time/ability compared to FI. It's not a whole lot of fun because you're not running the N2O all of the time, which either makes you rich on your every day tune, or dangerously lean for the juice... unless you download a N2O specific tune before you run it each time, then switch back... what fun is that?

Did you happen to get any data logs on the tune that broke your motor? I'd like to see what was going on that made the tune hurt a piston that bad... A "close" tune will usually only break off a ring land or fry the rings, it usually takes something pretty far from optimal to do that much damage, which I would hope could be seen in data logs on a partial RPM test run!!! Holy smokes!!! :eek: