What happen to my #8 piston???

Good call on the tune. I just need to not be afraid to venture outside this site for tunning help. I have things in the works to buy a 408 from somebody and Im thinking about using the new NX-GM one piece MAF system. I could let it run out to 200HP shot.

BTW you guys have all seen the 408, hint hint.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call on the tune. I just need to not be afraid to venture outside this site for tunning help.  I have things in the works to buy a 408 from somebody and Im thinking about using the new NX-GM one piece MAF system. I could let it run out to 200HP shot.

BTW you guys have all seen the 408, hint hint.

Why not direct port nitrous?

I do like that idea but I have only seen a few setups and none of them are very cheap compared to the $1k I will spend on the NX system. Do you have something in mind that can compare to that? Also the only thing I have seen has used the fast intake and I wanted to stay with the truck intake its fine for power. I will be using LS6 patriot heads.

I do like that idea but I have only seen a few setups and none of them are very cheap compared to the $1k I will spend on the NX system. Do you have something in mind that can compare to that? Also the only thing I have seen has used the fast intake and I wanted to stay with the truck intake its fine for power. I will be using LS6 patriot heads.

large5088.jpg

Something like this! on something like this?

large300-111.jpg

Looks great now I just need to find both of them for 50% off of retail and Im in there.

Yeah I got the intake for under $300 now I just need to price the nitrous system. I may not use "NOS" parts but it will be a direct port nitrous setup.

Is that a "hook up" price or can there be another had at that price? I was looking at this.link

That looks like a pretty nice kit. Thats about what I have been seeing most direct port kits going for. I have a "hook up" of course so I will have to see what kinda price I can get a direct port kit for.

John Im thinking about running a LS6 intake and make it a direct port kit. Do you think that aluminum intake (BBK)would house tons of heat, or the N2O would take care of that? What benefit would I have running a different intake other then the LS6 intake and the only reason I would think about running that over the truck intake is the ease of running my hard lines.

Well the aluminum intake can be ported and polished and is supposed to flow 25% more air than the LS6 intake. I wouldn't drill and tap nitrous nozzels into a plastic intake thats just asking for trouble IMO. I don't see that it's going to hold that much more heat than the plastic one. Have you ever gotten done with a long drive and then touched the plastic intake? Yeah it's still pretty damn hot. The nitrous is going to cool the charge of air going into the cylinder. If you were really worried about it like say you wanted to go race it... You could cool the intake with ice and the aluminum is going to hold the cold much better than the plastic will.

I think I will buy the BBK intake. I can always do some polishing on it myself, I do motorcycle porting and polishing so I have the tooling for it. Will this intake require any mods that Im not aware of such as bigger throttle body, new belt directions kinda like all the crap you have to the FAST set up. If this is a just swap out then I will go this route.

I think I will buy the BBK intake. I can always do some polishing on it myself, I do motorcycle porting and polishing so I have the tooling for it.  Will this intake require any mods that Im not aware of such as bigger throttle body, new belt directions kinda like all the crap you have to the FAST set up. If this is a just swap out then I will go this route.

Well you will need to run the LS1 style water pump with the neck relocated lower since the throttle body is going to be lower now and I believe one of the idler pullies needs to be relocated. As far as I know it will accept the stock throttle body even if it's cut larger, you just won't be increasing the flow through the throttle body but that is something that you could do later knowing that the intake will accept it without any mods.

I think BIGTEX did a little write up on the idler pulley bracket. Didn't someone also cut the LQ9 water pump and relocate it, rather then buying a new LS1 style pump? How big doe s the BBK intake accept for throttle body? Will it go up to 90mm, and if so couldn't you just run a SSR one?

I think BIGTEX did a little write up on the idler pulley bracket. Didn't someone also cut the LQ9 water pump and relocate it, rather then buying a new LS1 style pump? How big doe s the BBK intake accept for throttle body? Will it go up to 90mm, and if so couldn't you just run a SSR one?

BBK says the bore is 85MM and they have their own throttle body to go with it. I'm sure you could run any LS1 style fly by wire throttle body on it as long as it's no bigger than 85MM. You can't run the LS2 style unless someone has an adapter because the L2 style has a 4 bolt pattern instead of a 3 bolt pattern.

BTW: I'm sure you could have the bore in the intake manifold opened up 5 more mm's and run an aftermarket LS1 (3 bolt pattern) 90mm throttle body.