What happen to my #8 piston???

You.

I remember talking to you on the phone a few times, but couldn't remember if I'd sent you any files or anything. That is sure one F'd up cylinder. :shakehead:

Whats more F*ed up is the $$$ it will cost me to fix all this sh*t! And if you can not remember if you did tunning on it then I guess that explains it to me.

before we go getting crazy and throwing blame, what exactly leads you to believe that tuning caused this issue? im not saying that you are wrong or anything like that, i just want to know how you know tuning was the problem?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holty this subject will not be talked about online anymore. I can talk to Zippy via PM about it from here on out. This has absolutly nothing to do with you and I doubt you know all the details of this nor am I willing to explain myself to you. I do want to say Im sorry for turning this into a tunning problem thread, I simply wanted to show everyone how F*ked up my motor was.

well, if you didn't want to talk about tuning having anything to do with your ****ed up motor, than you shouldn't have posted it. i'm just asking questions to find out what happened. you surely couldn't expect to make a post like you did and not be questioned about what happened did you?

Maybe you should reread my post. If you took my post the wrong way then so be it. Im sorry if you feel like I am bashing your friend but hey it should be here and and Im sure others would like to see it as well. Not everyone has had the same experience you have had with tunning help.

Also I don't recall posting this in the tunning portion of the site? Holty you and I both know how important tunning is when you are runninng a FI set up, it will make or break a motor.

Edited by dounome (see edit history)

Maybe you should reread my post...

I don't recall posting this in the tunning portion of the site?

Maybe this is why you are getting tuning related replies:

....and some DOG ASS BAD tunning....

But no worries man, we're all just bummed for you and trying to help sort stuff out. FI and tuning are hand in hand and I would have asked who did your tuning without the quote above ;).

What are your plans now? Someone mentioned going back to stock? This could be an opportunity to go big if looked at in the right frame of mind :)

Edited by TurbochargedBerserker (see edit history)

Maybe you should reread my post...

I don't recall posting this in the tunning portion of the site?

Maybe this is why you are getting tuning related replies:

....and some DOG ASS BAD tunning....

But no worries man, we're all just bummed for you and trying to help sort stuff out. FI and tuning are hand in hand and I would have asked who did your tuning without the quote above ;).

What are your plans now? Someone mentioned going back to stock? This could be an opportunity to go big if looked at in the right frame of mind :)

:withstupid:

im interested in what caused this too, when you find the exact cuase let me know either via pm or on the board. we are running similar set ups so i definatly dont want this to happen to me.

again, this is all i was asking also. i hope things work out for you.

Well guys I do have some plans up my sleeve. I tore the truck down about 9 months ago and put in a big cam and bigger and better fuel system, along with many many other mods. The truck blew up not even 4 weeks later and it has been sitting since then, so this is why Im so bummed I can't even drive my baby.

I may have plans for a 408 w/nitrous for the ricers.

Well guys I do have some plans up my sleeve. I tore the truck down about 9 months ago and put in a big cam and bigger and better fuel system, along with many many other mods. The truck blew up not even 4 weeks later and it has been sitting since then, so this is why Im so bummed I can't even drive my baby.

I may have plans for a 408 w/nitrous for the ricers.

I hear that. I'm the king of down time for the truck lol.

408 + juice sounds pretty fun :thumbs:

FI can be a PITA to tune, but an in-person or dyno tune sorts all that out in a hurry. Just something to keep in mind in case you get that bug again in the future ;)