bumper install

doc816

Hi everyone I'm new to this site and was wondering I just bought an 06 Silverado and was wondering how do install an SS bumper cover on it? The guy I bought it from told me to remove all the lower valance and just slip over the stock bumper, But I was wondering how I attach it to the stock bumper any help would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest problem you have is downloading movies. They are of low quality to begin with. Try going to your local library and rent DVD's for free and then burn them using DVD Decrypter.

you pull the pads off of the stock bumper and the cover will slip right over it. Once the cover is in place there are two brackets on the bottom outside corners which need to be bolted down, then you instal the step pads. They will clip into place of the old ones and hold the cover down from the top.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2005 Silverado and just recently put on the OEM SS bumper. You need to take off the top step pads, and the lower valence. You will also need brackets for the bumper to be secure. On the diagrame shown, you will need, bracket 15 (BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT, 2 OF THEM), bracket 14, (FOUR OF THEM, THEY GO ALL ON TOP), and bracket 13, (TWO OF THEM, BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT, ONE IS FOR THE LEFT AND ONE FOR THE RIGHT, BUT THE A 2 DIFFERENT ONES, THEY SECURE THE BOTTOM OF THE BUMPER) The last thing is item 6, its this black cover that goes between the headlight and bumper, its just like the orginal ones on the stock silverado but it has cutouts for the 4 brackets on top. The Vents and Lower grille of the bumper all have push pins. I would suggest going to a parts store to purchase those because it will save you more money.