Need help...are you happy with your SSS?

67speeda

The SS is not only the best truck I have ever owned, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. You can always find something negative to say about any vehicle, but the SS fills all my needs and more.  Mine is 3 1/2 years old and still turns heads on the street every day. If you strictly want to race there are faster trucks out there. If you combine the looks, power, towing capacity, ride and usefulness, I don't think you can find a better truck for the money. I think that 95% of the people on this site will agree with me. Very few of us were dissappointed with our trucks.
:withstupid:
:withstupid: That low price is probably because the truck is now out of warranty. That is one of the lowest prices I've seen on a SS so far; if the truck checks out I would seriously consider the deal, it will probably not depreciate much more than that over the next couple years. But if economy is your concern I would watch eBay for a '05+ 2WD truck.

I've had my SS over two years now (it has 38K miles), I would not hesitate in recommending one at all. The 2WD SS/VHO gets probably the best economy of any ext. cab offering today (even better than my buddy's new 5.3 Sierra). I just *love* the AWD and the mileage suffers a tad, but not bad I think and both the launches and rain traction are awesome. The AWD truck is *very* sure footed on the road, if there is any traction to be had at all it will find it! Going 75+ in a Texas downpour is no problem. The SS/VHO has a lot of modding potential, if you are in to that kind of thing (I am). The longest I have ever gone without a compliment from a stranger on my truck is 3 weeks, usually someone will talk with me about the SS once a week. They are a real truck, they're a great tow rig; the Duramax is probably the only thing better at that IMO.

CONS - tranny is weak, shift kit and servos are highly recommended for longevity. Suicide door seals are prone to leaking air, rear cab window seals leak air like a SOB although the dealers have a easy fix (finally). Pre-'05 trucks have weak brakes, but that can be improved.

Mr. P. :)