Need help...are you happy with your SSS?

67speeda

I know the MPG is horrible but overall how do you guys like your SSS? There is one locally at a dealer that i may buy on monday, but i want to really do my reserch before I buy. I was about to a buy a lightning a month ago but after finding out the motor had been replaced and the trans was poor i gave up. I need a truck for daily driving. The one i am looking at is 4x4, black, with 38000 miles.

the only mods i will do is a intake and exhaust. I have my 67' for play.

I realize that on this site people only post their problems. No one really posts "just wanted you all to know my truck kicks ass" lol

put it this way, if you could go back, woudl you still buy a SSS or something eles. Please post everything you love and hate about it.

:chevy:

Well i will start this 1 out. I bought my ss 1 year ago last month. Cant say 1 bad thing about it my fuel milage isnt that bad i just got back from a 115 mile trip and put in 6 gallons. It runs great and looks great. Im not heavley modded yet. I have a air intake programmer 160 thermo. and magnaflow exh. I dont regret anything and i wouldnt buy anything else. SS :chevy: are bad Ass.

:driving: Let me put it this way, once you drive one for a little while, you won't be happy unless you have one.. I had an '03 Black SS and was dumb enough to trade it when Gas $ spiked a couple of years ago.. I went through an Impala SS and a Z-71, and just wasn't satisfied with the curb appeal / performance / and over all ego boost that I got from the SSS.. Bought an '06 Black SS 2WD on July third and after a visit to Bryan at PCMforLess, I am now happier than ever... The only thing better for your "boy toy" ego would be a Vette ( have owned 4 of them too, but they aren't practicle for everyday use - ).. Hope you get the SS - They are a Hell of a Kick and when you get one set up for your style driving and looks, they are really cool..... ENJOY

The SS is not only the best truck I have ever owned, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. You can always find something negative to say about any vehicle, but the SS fills all my needs and more. Mine is 3 1/2 years old and still turns heads on the street every day. If you strictly want to race there are faster trucks out there. If you combine the looks, power, towing capacity, ride and usefulness, I don't think you can find a better truck for the money. I think that 95% of the people on this site will agree with me. Very few of us were dissappointed with our trucks.

well... a little over a year ago I had a dream... that one day i would own a Silverado SS... then about 2 months later i was sporting a shiney red one... :D I really liked the trucks before i owned mine and now that i have it and know more about it, i love it even more :D

for me, this truck is perfect. its awd, so it goes very well in the snow. its fast, so it curbs my need for speed. its a ss so people automatically assume its limited and everyone thinks its cool. its a full size truck, so i can do yard work with it. i tow and haul crap all the time. my favorite part though is the interior. leather seats heated and all, nice system, very luxury for a truck. love it every time i drive it.

Thank you all very much for your time. After reading that I am ready to buy this 04 if the price is right. Hopefully by the end of the week i will join the club! lol

I have the 67 camaro for my speed needs. I just want a good daily driver, can put my bikes and quads in the back, tow a little, and be decent in snow. And what i think is the best looking truck of all time....

Once again thanks a lot!!!

BTW when i was looking at the lightning 8/10 ppl said don't get one! lol

update: scared of the truck now. Price seems too low. 21000 for a 04 4x4 SS. carfax clean

Edited by 67speeda (see edit history)

I was planning on only using the bed when going out for a ride (quads), but i realized that they really can tow. I have a 2 axel, 1 car lengh (about) trailer, the we use with the f-250. You guys think the SSS could tow that with about 4 quads on it (1600 pds). In other words, can these tow about 2000pds on a trailer.

just noticed orion :: SS sig: NVM above

Edited by 67speeda (see edit history)

i dont use mine for any truck purpose i just use it to go fast and look good while doing it. ive had a nice list full of problems, but it does not bother me one bit. i love this truck . and still wouldnt trade it ( just for a new z06) but i love it . SS = bad ass mofo!!

lovin the truck, and gas mileage isnt all that bad i guess. my dd used to be an '02 z28 pretty hooked up. what can i say, i like chevys that go fast :cool:

truck is great, people definitely check it out when they see em. plus theyre nice stock and you can mod the hell out of em if thats what you like. take it for a test drive thats all i gotta say!!! :driving: and if its 2WD take the traction control off, thats what I did - and then i traded my car the next week.

Thank you all very much for your time.  After reading that I am ready to buy this 04 if the price is right.  Hopefully by the end of the week i will join the club! lol

I have the 67 camaro for my speed needs.  I just want a good daily driver, can put my bikes and quads in the back, tow a little, and be decent in snow.  And what i think is the best looking truck of all time....

Once again thanks a lot!!!

BTW when i was looking at the lightning 8/10 ppl said don't get one! lol

update: scared of the truck now.  Price seems too low.  21000 for a 04 4x4 SS.  carfax clean

ive towed 6 longtrack snowmobiles 2000 miles one way an average of 10,000 feet in Mt. with this truck.... stock, does that mean anything at all? :dunno: ha

The SS is not only the best truck I have ever owned, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. You can always find something negative to say about any vehicle, but the SS fills all my needs and more.  Mine is 3 1/2 years old and still turns heads on the street every day. If you strictly want to race there are faster trucks out there. If you combine the looks, power, towing capacity, ride and usefulness, I don't think you can find a better truck for the money. I think that 95% of the people on this site will agree with me. Very few of us were dissappointed with our trucks.

:withstupid: