Z06 PVC Valve in a SS

I was worried about the threat of oil consumption and sludge in the intake so I put a Fram FV391 PVC valve in the ss. I noticed a smoother engine under WOT. Has anyone else had similar results? I dont know if it is just me or are these results typical :confused: . The truck still runs great just seems to be working less at speed.

The part has the rattle spring in it and was only $2.47 at Walmart. I thought it was a good Idea but could there be any bad issues with this change?

Thanks for the help.

~Barney

Even a PCV valve will not stop the oil particles that are in the vapor. The best way to catch that is with a catchcan. Going to that type of valve should have not made a difference driving-wise - not at least going to that type over the stock one. Maybe it is just perceived difference?

Think you might be on to something there Ben.

I did notice a difference but not like the truck is faster or slower. I just noticed a different feel.

"Show a picture of what you did"

I just took off the stock pvc with just a hole in it and put the new one in the rubber gromet. It is located under the Engine cover at the back driverside valve cover. Takes about 5 minutes to change and thats unscrewing the cover.

Barney

• 5 months later...
I changed mine out to a regular pcv valve. And I can tell that the brakes are alot firmer. It seems to be that there is more vaccum to help stop the truck. :thumbs:

Off topic but how long is the wheel base on that tractor :banghead:

GM had a concern of oil consumption on these trucks. They came out with a new pcv valve that has a fix orifice instead of a valve inside. I have one some where with the part #

What he said. :withstupid: The problem with the oil consumption was due to the variable orifice (rattle type) PCV valve. It was improved with the fixed orifice (just a hole) PCV valve. I think you will have more oil consumption with the new valve you installed.