Help form the GroundForce kit guys

rico750sxi

Okay, all of you with the Ground Force kit seem to be haviing no troubles at all. No vibration, no bad ride quality, everything seems to be good. So what makes the kit so different that there are no vibrations or any other problems? Can someone take some chassis shots so we can see what the rear mods look like? Do any of you have the instructions that came in the kit or did you all have it installed?

I know GroundForce might not like this but to be honest the way GroundForce handled this kit turned me off. I asked them to describe the mods to the rear to me and they wouldn't. SO I decided I wasn't going to buy a kit when I didn't know what I was doing to my truck.

So what is the big secret with the rear?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, all of you with the Ground Force kit seem to be haviing no troubles at all. No vibration, no bad ride quality, everything seems to be good. So what makes the kit so different that there are no vibrations or any other problems? Can someone take some chassis shots so we can see what the rear mods look like? Do any of you have the instructions that came in the kit or did you all have it installed?

I know GroundForce might not like this but to be honest the way GroundForce handled this kit turned me off. I asked them to describe the mods to the rear to me and they wouldn't. SO I decided I wasn't going to buy a kit when I didn't know what I was doing to my truck.

So what is the big secret with the rear?

That's just it, there is no real secret. The flip the load spring upside down, that's it.

Hey whats up? The way to go about it is to get the Ground Force kit. I have not had anything to complain about. The ride is awesome, it gets all kinds of looks .....

If i remember right Kevin at Ground Force said that the the shackles for a 2 wheel drive kit are not the same lenght as the ones he put on my BAD SS. As for your vibration, they actually had to do mine two or three times before they got the kit right. Mine had a vibration between 60-70 mph, they tried shimming the rear but the vibration was still there. to make a long story short, the vibration was coming from the front end being to low. that is were the new keys come into play, just turning the bolts will throw the whole front end off. I would recommend the flipping of the springs, I like the ride a lot better after this mod. As for it being a big secret, it really wasnt one they just wanted to make sure no other company was gonna copy their ideas before it hit the marketplace. I dont know if you know this but a lot of different companys follow these types of boards and pick up on a lot of stuff from other people. Bottom line is Ground Force treated me with respect and I would hope that people dont take it the wrong way that they went about informing everyone about this kit. BUY IT you will love it.

That's interesting about the front. But if the front is lowered either with keys or with turning the bolts the angle of the CV's would still be the same wouldn't it? I think tomorrow I'm going to crank the bars back up and see what it's like then.

the ground force kit comes with everything included, i am not sure how to answer your question about the front end. I did ask him about it but i cant remember his answer. Mine has no vibration anywhere no matter what the speed, the ride is actually better I like to feel the road and i think thats what an SS is all about. Before the lowering the ride was good but now i know what the truck is feeling and doing all the time. also there is no shimming needed on the rear end. If anyone has any questions I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities. I will call Kevin at Ground Force and ask him about your question if you would like?

This ones is for Wizard, I maybe wrong but i think that You and I are the only ones with the GF kit. what do you think of the flipping of the rear load spring? I like it maybe with your reference a lot more SS owners will jump on the GF kit and be as happy as i am.

I'm flipping the overload springs tomorrow as well. Just haven't had time to do it.

Please ask Kevin about the keys because it really doesn't make sense. (To me anyway).

Anyone remember the price from Summit on the kit? I wonder if we could just get away with installing the keys and not buying the entire GF kit?

There something about trying to make a $40,000 truck look right by only spending $40 on shackles and turning the front keys in. The stock shocks will probably not last the life of the lower. With all of the time in crawling under your truck you could have pimped yourself out to get the money for the GF kit. I specifically waited for a company to come out with a quality kit so I would feel comfortable with installing it on one of my larger purchases.

I didn't know much about GF before this purchase, but they seemed to take their time with BADSS's truck and do it the right way. They didn't make any short cuts and it came with all of the hardware and new shocks. Guys- Its worth the $.

:P Wizard

Archived