how to paint your bowtie

chevybird2006

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Probably not. By the same token, I don't think you'd want it high gloss either. Maybe some sort of a matte finish paint is available. Would somebody with more knowledge of paint like to chime in?

I used gloss black on mine and I think it looks good. I just did it the other day so I haven't had the time to take the lower one out yet to paint it. I'll get a picture while the lower one is still gray tomorrow. I have my bowtie soaking in oven cleaner right now for the 3rd time. Hopefully this will get the last bit off and I won't have to do this again. Thanks a bunch for the idea. I was going to go with the overlay that Hank got but then I saw this and liked the idea of it being more durable. :cheers:

Edited by Zaxss (see edit history)

I finished painting my bowtie last night but I won't have pics till later or maybe Monday. I did takes some pics of my upper grill gloss black and the lower one still gray for comparison. I think the gloss looks good but it prob wouldn't under a billet grill. I really don't like the looks of a billet grill on red trucks. They look way better on black trucks so i'm going to go this route. Neways hope this helps you make a decision. Btw I got my paint at lowes. I can't remember the brand but it was made for almost all plastic parts and the primer is clear so it was perfect for me. :cheers:

necpab.jpg

okpppi.jpg

2r6go7d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...