Stock 1/4 mile times???

nxtnlne

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow guy's those times are better then what i expected! :D

my truck is a 06 v-max 2 wheel drive with 4.10's so it might be possible to hit high 14's on a good day?.. a few mods and i should be able to hit mid 14's right?... i thought it was good for at best a low 15.. but good news is always appreciated :D

i think i'll take my truck to the track and see what happens i'll post back on friday night :jester:

my truck is a 06 v-max 2 wheel drive with 4.10's so it might be possible to hit high 14's on a good day?.. a few mods and i should be able to hit mid 14's right?... i thought it was good for at best a low 15.. but good news is always appreciated :D

i think i'll take my truck to the track and see what happens i'll post back on friday night :jester:

N/A Cam, headers, tune & exhaust got me 14.1 @ 98. 3.73 gears though. Good luck & post up the results from the track.

LACR + HEAT = Slow :driving:

If that is where you are going,

I hope it cools off for you.

Let us know how you do. :thumbs:

just wanted to say i will be track when i get a chance. finally back in the states and get to see my truck saturday. and also drinking my first crown and coke in a long time. later

Welcome back. :cheers:

How are you liking that truck of yours?

yeah i know it's bad track.. :banghead: but it's local, legal, and will at least give me a good idea. it's cooled down a bit and the nights are getting a bit fresher so i hope it doe's ok tomorow night... but if not i won't trip i know with the altitude and weather i wont hit a 14 even with perfect conditions my truck wont hit a 14 at this track :tear: but if i can run a low 15 hear then i'll know roughly what i'm good for so i'm keeping my fingers crossed i'll post up tomorow night.

yeah i know it's bad track.. :banghead: but it's local, legal, and will at least give me a good idea. it's cooled down a bit and the nights are getting a bit fresher so i hope it doe's ok tomorow night... but if not i won't trip i know with the altitude and weather i wont hit a 14 even with perfect conditions my truck wont hit a 14 at this track :tear: but if i can run a low 15 hear then i'll know roughly what i'm good for so i'm keeping my fingers crossed i'll post up tomorow night.

well it was'nt to bad this evening mid 80's pretty humid though.. i got there late i only stood for 1-1/2 hours. as i expected times were'nt good here. i got better each run as i got a feel for it.. (i only have 990 miles on it) 1'st was 16.0 2'nd 15.88 3'rd 15.80 4'th 15.74 5'th 15.68 6'th 15.59 then i noticed my temp creep up to about 215 so i pulled it over and let it cool down i was going to run again but my father wanted to go home so we left.. i think i could have got another 10'th or 2 off if i stood another 20-30 minutes but considering this track is known to run about a half second slow plus the weather i figure it was'nt bad...

once i install my volant and let it break in a bit more i might take it back when the wether cools down.. i know my black truck when new ran a 16.7 then after about 5-6k miles it was 16.3 with no mods.. so all in all not thrilled but not dissapointed either i know she's got more it'll just take some time.

• 1 month later...
Just got a new 06 V-Max 4x4, got a great deal on it 28k.  I love the truck and got a superchip put in. Increased by 52.2 HP so I am almost pushing 400HP.  I am impressed with the 1/4 mile times and can't wait to break in the motor and get it to the track.

Dude U better have a lot more then superchips to get 52 extra hp!! :lol:! Ive got exhaust, intake and Daiblo tuner and I ll be surprised if I get 25 Hp to the rear wheels! :sigh:

I took my 05 VHO to Milan Dragway, the local drag strip here in SE michingan and the best it went was 15.05 @??....Took it back up a few weeks later and it was runnin 15.30's consistently....faster then my old 97 Sierra i had wit a 5.7 2wd long bed standard cab went 15.60's...I was told that the VHO was a limited production truck and only a few states have them, i was wonderin if this is true and if so what states are supposed to have them...thanx

I took my 05 VHO to Milan Dragway, the local drag strip here in SE michingan and the best it went was 15.05 @??....Took it back up a few weeks later and it was runnin 15.30's consistently....faster then my old 97 Sierra i had wit a 5.7 2wd long bed standard cab went 15.60's...I was told that the VHO was a limited production truck and only a few states have them, i was wonderin if this is true and if so what states are supposed to have them...thanx

They were limited edition in 04'.

• 4 weeks later...