Stock 1/4 mile times???

nxtnlne

Hello Chevy owners, I've had my truck for 16 days now and im really suprised with its performance. Its my first new truck and I dig it. I'm a little reluctant to get on it! Those low second to first gear downshift really scream. Anyway i was just wondering if anybody with a similar truck ran it down the track before moding it. I've done some surfing but came up empty handed! Thanks for your time! :chevy:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran my 04 about a month and a half after I got it and it ran a 15.56 @ 88.28 mph. This was with 700 miles on the truck and I believe the temp. was in the upper 90's with high humidity. Also, it was the very first time I ever ran anything at the track so I really didn't do anything but floor it off the line.

15.1-ish @ 90-ish

15ish huh. Not bad for a pickup ! Last night I had a Dodge Charger SE come up from behind with momentum and i got on it a little late and i couldnt catch him! At the light I seduced him with some props and asked if he would do it again! I smoked his AZZ.....lol My first killl! I launched on him and 2 or 3 up never caught me. I'm thinking it was a 250hp V6 beacause he only had 1 tailpipe. Although he did have a badge on the front fender but i couldnt read it. Do they have a none Hemi v8 single pipe for entry level Chargers? I know it was'nt the R/T! Anyway thanks for your feed back fella's! :driving:signature.jpg

Ur V-Maxx is not the performance package truck right? Meaning u have a 5.3L right? Just curious...

No man, a VMax comes with the LQ9 (HO 6.0). Plus he's got 4.10's in it cuz it's a 4x4. That truck hauls ass right off the showroom floor :thumbs:

I just bought mine as well and I'm hoping to run high 14's with some stock 16 inch wheels. My brothers 2wd SS ran a 14.89 stock and we pretty much got the same trucks. So hopefully I will get to a track soon and find out.

Nice kill - you're going to fit in good on this forum  :lol:  :chevy:

Mr. P. :)

Yes my truck has the Vortec Max package. 6.0l. 4:10 gears, its a LT 4x4 fully loaded. Has the Moon roof, Bose,Ride control, Onstar,Xm(electric folding mirrors :cool:) LOL.........yeah everything minus dvd/nav. Oh...and also the rear under seat storage box. :cheers:!!!!!!!

I just bought mine as well and I'm hoping to run high 14's with some stock 16 inch wheels. My brothers 2wd SS ran a 14.89 stock and we pretty much got the same trucks. So hopefully I will get to a track soon and find out.

You probly already can run high 14's with your 2wd. The drivetrain of a 4x4 eats up more power. With an airfilter, exhaust and tune you'll definately be in there. It'll all depend on the weather when you run.

14.86 get it right :lol: