Switching to a F.A.S.T. intake manifold

Ben,

What did you do with the Fuel Tank Evaporator control ???

Is that the unit that sits on top of the intake, just above the TB?

Yea, the evap control. I tried at first without it and some codes where being brought up. Once i reinstalled it no more codes.

Did you just dump it into a vac line or just plug inthe controller and vent it?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben,

What did you do with the Fuel Tank Evaporator control ???

Is that the unit that sits on top of the intake, just above the TB?

Yea, the evap control. I tried at first without it and some codes where being brought up. Once i reinstalled it no more codes.

Did you just dump it into a vac line or just plug inthe controller and vent it?

I just plugged it. I feel the truck runs better with it working. THe idle is better with it on.?.?

I took the module and just connected hose to it on both ends. It runs to the back just like the hard plastic one does and to the rear of the TB. You can only put the module so far back because the harness connection comes off the same one as the alternator and doesn't allow you to move it too far away from the front. It is laying on the driver's side between the fuel rail and injectors about half way back. You can't even see it unless you are looking for it.

• 1 month later...
any update on your intake Ben?

how is the truck responding to it after alitte tunning

I talked to Ben a little while back, and he had vacuum leak due to a crack in the manifold or something like that. He went back to the stock for now until he gets its figured out. I am sure when he is done moving, he will chim in and give us the story.

Short story to a long one - my lower piece has a crack in it. Still in the middle of moving or unpacking boxes. As soon as I can get some time I will look into what caused it. I have been traveling so much lately, 4 out of the last 5 weeks (in HI last week), just haven't had the time to mess with it. I'll be in FL next week and CA the week after. One day I'll get the time I guess and get back into it. The other problem is my wife is here now - although we are not staying together for very much longer. Long story there also.

• 4 months later...