Switching to a F.A.S.T. intake manifold

Well.......got it all finished. I had to bring the key up to acc position about 6-7 times to get the pressure adjusted right and fix one slight leak. I don't know of a way to keep the fuel pumps on, so that is why I had to turn it off/on numerous times. The PCM will shut the pumps down if the truck is not started after a few seconds.

After that, it cranked right up. Got one fault code that I cleared and never saw it again. Haven't been for a drive yet, but know I have a few hours of tuning to do. I have been operating at 65psi with the two pumps I have, from when I thought I was going turbo, and decided to adjust back to the stock fuel pressure of 58psi. With the lower pressure, I am on the lean side quite a bit and need to do a lot of VE tuning. It was a difficult decision for me to get the pressure back to where it should be, mainly because my VE tuning had my ltrims at 0 at nearly whatever speed I was at, at cruise. Getting ready to go out and hook up the laptop now.

Tomorrow I plan to take it for a spin and get some tuning done and then I'll finish up all the loose ends of everything that had to be done/modified and take some pics of how it all finally looks.

The fuel lines and fuel pressure regulator were a challenge to decide where and how to mount and route. I came up with what I thought was best for the materials I had and only plan to modify it slightly once I get some new connections that I will need to order.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it all went together and the fact the slight fuel leak I had was very, very minor and easy to fix. No returning DTCs is cool also. I'll have to see if there are any pending once I get the laptop hooked up.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, if your injectors where set at the adjusted flow rate (for the 65psi), you should be able to reset your IFR and keep pretty close to the same VE.  If you left the IFR set for 58psi and tuned out the richness with the VE, you really want to redo the VE table anyway.

I didn't really think about that, thanks. I had my IFR set for 65psi. I had planned on adjusting back for 58psi, but didn't think about being pretty close on VE.

Ran into a snag. One of the tube to AN adpaters is leaking and it can't be tightened any more without the leak getting worse. It never showed until last night after idling for a about 10 minutes. It took constant pressure on it I guess. Tried to fix today and it's getting worse. New fittings are on the way. I guess I'll be down for a few days.

teflon tape.....sounds weird but it works

Different kind of fitting. This fitting take a tube and converts it to an AN fitting and uses a compression ring. Plus, you do not want to use teflon tape on AN fittings at all.

hmm if only it would have been a bnut and union that would diffently help out, well it was worth the suggestion

Ran into a snag.  One of the tube to AN adpaters is leaking and it can't be tightened any more without the leak getting worse.  It never showed until last night after idling for a about 10 minutes.  It took constant pressure on it I guess.  Tried to fix today and it's getting worse.  New fittings are on the way.  I guess I'll be down for a few days.

All fixed now.

Ben,

What did you do with the Fuel Tank Evaporator control ???

Is that the unit that sits on top of the intake, just above the TB?

Yea, the evap control. I tried at first without it and some codes where being brought up. Once i reinstalled it no more codes.