XM to Sirius conversion

Yes; I emailed Sirius to see if it was possible to convert factory unit ; they said yes and refferd me to a site, (I'll see if I can dig it up). I briefly browsed the site for the components, still not sure exactly what's required, but it may effect the operation of the in-dash 6 disk changer. Been so busy that this issue has been kinda low on my priority list. If it can be done reasonably, I think I would much happier with Sirius.

I did mine last year, couldn't be happier. Do a search, Kenwood makes a tuner that tucks under the drink holder and soundgate has the adapter to hook it up to the factory radio. Gotta love Howard, Bubba, and Hair Nation.

Dave

I did mine last year, couldn't be happier. Do a search, Kenwood makes a tuner that tucks under the drink holder and soundgate has the adapter to hook it up to the factory radio. Gotta love Howard, Bubba, and Hair Nation.

Dave

I'm gonna have to check into that. I haven't really been happy with XM lately... I find myself listening to the same 6-8 stations and that's about it... Everytime I scroll through I hear the same old stuff. I'm interested in what sirious has to offer. Is it really that much better??? I'm on my way to class, otherwise I'd log on and check it out. I'd like to keep it working with the stock radio... so this sounds good!!!

Did this conversion today. The part is SIR-GM1 plug and play, remove the Xm box and place the Sirus unit in return. Couple peices of foam to keep the squeeks away, and run the antenna. Took about 30 minutes.

Did this conversion today. The part is SIR-GM1 plug and play, remove the Xm box and place the Sirus unit in return. Couple peices of foam to keep the squeeks away, and run the antenna. Took about 30 minutes.

I guess I'm easily confused. Looks like two different part #s from different vendors?

Is the SIR-KEN1 (stealth03SS) plug-n-play with factory unit including keeping factory in dash 6 disc changer?

Who sells the SIR-GM1 ?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I read some where you can get a ant adapter and run all stock with sirius from crutch field

The product description says "This item does not work with the factory system in your car." for a C6 Corvette, but it does just fine in my 2007. I even used the already hidden XM antenna with the new SIRIUS unit.

Installation takes 15 minutes tops to pull the carpet from above the drivers side rear wheel, pull out the XM box and the plastic snap in mounting tray, unplug radio harness and antennas from XM, remove plastic cover off of the YELLOW XM antenna lead, plug in radio harness adapter to SIR-GM1, then plug in stock harness and the formerly yellow antenna lead. Zip tie the new box to the plastic XM mounting tray (to keep it from vibrating since the new unit is a tad smaller) and snap it back in place. Enjoy SIRIUS!

The radio will still display XM1 or XM2 (depending which presets you have selected) since that's part of the radios programming, but you'll be listening to SIRIUS

Edited by gixxerrider (see edit history)