I finally ordered my new motor!!!!!!!!

So are the L92 heads really that cost effective? I have looked at the Dart heads and seen them for $1399 put together. I just haven't seen many people using them instead their using AFR heads and P&P which cost alot since the heads are $2200 atleast. Just wondering if you want an all out engine in a truck building big cubes with all the reliability plus a whole lot of power. I like what your doing jsut trying to figure out the big difference in the heads. Also I would go withthe bigger cam in the selection. good luck and awesome build.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are the L92 heads really that cost effective?  I have looked at the Dart heads and seen them for $1399 put together.  I just haven't seen many people using them instead their using AFR heads and P&P which cost alot since the heads are $2200 atleast.  Just wondering if you want an all out engine in a truck building big cubes with all the reliability plus a whole lot of power. I like what your doing jsut trying to figure out the big difference in the heads.  Also I would go withthe bigger cam in the selection.  good luck and awesome build.

The heads cost me $850 fully assembled. Add another thousand for some head work and for under 2k you have heads that should flow around 350/250. Another reason for going with those heads is my engine builder gave me a huge discount on sheetmetal intake to go along with the heads because he's trying to prove how good the L-92 heads really are.

On a side note I ended up going with a 242/248 on a 114 for the cam.

I think you'll like that cam. It probably could have used a bit more exhaust duration, but overall it will drive very nice and should pull nicely to 7k. What converter are you going to use?

As of right now im going to keep the yank 3000 in there.

I think you'll like that cam. It probably could have used a bit more exhaust duration, but overall it will drive very nice and should pull nicely to 7k. What converter are you going to use?

As of right now im going to keep the yank 3000 in there.

That's probably going to be around the stall speed you're going to want anyway. It should stall to about 3400-3600 behind that setup. It's going to spin the tires nicely. :D:driving:

So hows the build coming Adam?  when do you expect to have it up and running?

Well the motor should be done in about a week (just waiting for the cam now) then it should be a couple weeks after that when my sheetmetal intake will be done. After they ship me the motor im going to take the heads into Richard at WCCH and have him put new valves in and port the heads. Then the motor will go in. Assuming it will take me about a month to get it up and running, it should be running by the end of january or early february.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I finally got the shortblock today. Should be another 2-3 weeks to get the heads ported and get my sheetmetal intake. So hopefully she'll be up and running in about a month and a half. :thumbs:

Sorry no pics. Girlfriend broke my camera. :banghead: