I finally ordered my new motor!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't really need a custom intake for it. The stock L92 intake should bolt right up with very minimal modification. 

As for the stroke thing, I agree with not going with the big stroke also. The gain in the extra stroke (over 4") has been proven in dyno testing to be very little gain in anything but low rpm and when it comes time to play low rpm isn't a concern. That's what stall converters are for. The longer the stroke is, the further you push the wrist pin into the ring lands which can lead to many longevity problems also.

umm what?? can you explain? an extra .125 in stroke is ~13 cubic inches on a given V8. thats going to be 15 or so more hp depending on efficiency.

I understand the concern with longevity and side loading, but saying a longer stroke isn't worth hp is not true. hell, the fastest 6spd ls1 in the country is a 4.125 stroke spinning to 8000 through the traps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

So my motor is being built. :banghead: Long story so dont ask. So now im trying to decide on a cam size. Alan at futral motorsports suggested a 243\250-114. My engine builders cam guy suggested a 238/248 113LSA XER lope which seems kinda small to me. He suggested i didn't go any bigger because of the my heavy truck. What do you guys think? Keep in mind my motor is a 436ci".

What heads did you end up going with?

i beleive he is going to use the l92 heads

Ported or Stock Design?

I bet A little port work would make these things flow EVEN MORE THEN THE GREAT NUMBERWS THEY DO ALREADY!

:cheers:

Gonna Need 1 hell of a head to flow enough for that monster!

Yes im going with the L-92's. They will be ported though by Richard at WCCH and he thinks he will be able to get 350cfm on the intake and 250cfm on the exhaust side. Do you still think I would need such a great split between the intake and exhaust if he can get the exhaust side to flow in the 240's or 250? Also keep in mind I will be using a sheetmetal intake.