I finally ordered my new motor!!!!!!!!

-L-92 heads (from the new escalades).  These heads are dirt cheap (about $800 fully assembled for the pair) and they flow 330cfm @.600 lift on the intake side.  The exhaust side is a little weak, but mizfits threw in a free exhaust port work bumping the flow up to 230cfm.  Richard at west coast cylinder heads is currently working on a cnc program for the l92 heads and he beleives he can acahieve 350cfm intake and 250 exhaust.  So I will definately be hitting him up in the future.

This sounds interesting, do you have to have the cutom intake for these heads to work???

Like zippy said, the L-92 intake will work, but that's it. The L-92 intake and a sheetmetal intake are about your only options with these heads.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheet metal intakes are where its at. Good choice!

Watch your sleeves on moving if you rev it high. If you can get your compression up higher the 11:1 it will sound meaner but where you are currently it will sound great. We just did a 427 with 12:5:1 compression and it wanted to jump off the engine mounts.

:thumbsup:

Sheet metal intakes are where its at.  Good choice! 

Watch your sleeves on moving if you rev it high.  If you can get your compression up higher the 11:1  it will sound meaner but where you are currently it will sound great.  We just did a 427 with 12:5:1 compression and it wanted to jump off the engine mounts. 

:thumbsup:

Yeah I would like to go higher on the CR, but im limited to 91octane so....

congrats man, that is going to be one mean sounding truck

Thanks man, how's your motor coming?

Motor is in, now just the nick/nacks that need to be finished. Parts that the dealer phucked up when i had waranty work done.

I like the combo except for the crank... I wouldn't skimp there with a 'budget' peice. I've heard a couple horror stories about spun bearings do to eagle cranks.

I have also been heavily researching similar combo's but for my camaro. its pretty much a pure playtoy/drag car. about the only downside to a 4.125 crank is it will consume a little more oil. I'm assuming you're not going to rev this very high, so longevity shouldn't be an issue. you would also have a 450cid motor with the same bore.

I like the combo except for the crank... I wouldn't skimp there with a 'budget' peice.  I've heard a couple horror stories about spun bearings do to eagle cranks. 

I agree, I would step up to a lunati or callies. I know when eagle started makin these cranks they were not the best quality but they might have improved them over the past few years.

Really that's the first I have heard about the eagle cranks being bad. :dunno:  I might have to look into that more.

I haven't even been in the business of looking to build a new motor and I've heard a few people mention problems with eagles.

Go elsewhere. :thumbs:

Eagle has fixed most if not all of their problems, but I did go with a Callies because at the time the Eagle LSx crank was still fairly new. Callies even had an issue or two in their early stages with the LSx.

Really that's the first I have heard about the eagle cranks being bad. :dunno:   I might have to look into that more.

1slow01Z71 used an eagle 4.1" crank and had some serious issues with it -- think it went to the machine shop twice and had to be be welded on in the end...

That's definately not good news. :sigh:

Well ive been talking to Taylor at mizfit and he's saying that they have used eagle cranks in many of there motors and says theyve never had problems with them. :dunno: Its $500 more to upgrade to a callies and im really short on $ right now. From what Ive read most of eagles problems have been worked out now.