I finally ordered my new motor!!!!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome , glad you finally got it ordered, now im going to just have to make my truck faster  :P .

Just remember whatever you do, ill just end up nossing you to death. :D:jester:

twi can play that game. :devil: then we can see who can kill their 65 the fastest!!

The shop that built my tranny said it will handle over 600 fwhp......

Same thing they told beserker. If you don't beat on it everyday...who knows?

I would guess your MPG is going to be about 11. Mine is around 12 with moderate driving habits.

No one told me 600 -- my build was an experiment to find the max hp a 65 could take. I believe Chuck steers everyone wanting more than 500rwhp to an 80E with good reason. Mine lived about a year and 1/4 counting Orlando heat (and some days last summer tranny temps hit 210ish sitting in traffic), and when I pulled it still had great clutches, bands and most of the hard parts (the tabs broke I htink).

awesome , glad you finally got it ordered, now im going to just have to make my truck faster  :P .

Just remember whatever you do, ill just end up nossing you to death. :D:jester:

then we can see who can kill their 65 the fastest!!

Nah, ill let you play that game with eric. :) Honestly im still not sure if im going to use nitrous anyway and if I do it will probably be pretty small. The 65 is to weak to be throwing any kind of big shots at it. And the 80 is to damn expensive for me at this point.

-L-92 heads (from the new escalades).  These heads are dirt cheap (about $800 fully assembled for the pair) and they flow 330cfm @.600 lift on the intake side.  The exhaust side is a little weak, but mizfits threw in a free exhaust port work bumping the flow up to 230cfm.  Richard at west coast cylinder heads is currently working on a cnc program for the l92 heads and he beleives he can acahieve 350cfm intake and 250 exhaust.  So I will definately be hitting him up in the future.

This sounds interesting, do you have to have the cutom intake for these heads to work???

Shouldn't really need a custom intake for it. The stock L92 intake should bolt right up with very minimal modification.

As for the stroke thing, I agree with not going with the big stroke also. The gain in the extra stroke (over 4") has been proven in dyno testing to be very little gain in anything but low rpm and when it comes time to play low rpm isn't a concern. That's what stall converters are for. The longer the stroke is, the further you push the wrist pin into the ring lands which can lead to many longevity problems also.