I finally ordered my new motor!!!!!!!!

I appologize in advance for the long post, but damn im pretty excited. As some of you know I took off my Vortech supercharger about 6 months ago and sold it to chase. Since then I have pondered about 30 different combinations (and race shops to build it) for my new motor and I finally made my decision this week. Mizfit Motorsports out of kansas is going to start on my resleeved ls2 block 436ci motor next week. My goals for the new motor are in the 630fwhp- 650fwhp and hopefully a high 11 in the quarter. I might go with a small shot down the road to get deep in the 11's or possibly 10's. Here's the basic breakdown on the motor.

-Brand new ls2 block, ARP main studded with Dartons new ls7 sleeve. The sleeve is longer (and about 6 times as strong) as the stock sleeve. The sleeve can handle a stroke of 4.25 and a max bore of 4.190. I will be running a 4.165" bore.

-L-92 heads (from the new escalades). These heads are dirt cheap (about $800 fully assembled for the pair) and they flow 330cfm @.600 lift on the intake side. The exhaust side is a little weak, but mizfits threw in a free exhaust port work bumping the flow up to 230cfm. Richard at west coast cylinder heads is currently working on a cnc program for the l92 heads and he beleives he can acahieve 350cfm intake and 250 exhaust. So I will definately be hitting him up in the future.

-custom sheet metal intake designed for the L-92 heads

-new fuel rails etc.

-Eagle 4" stroke crank

-Callies rods

-Coated Diamond pistons

-Coated bearings

-Hell fire rings

So that's the basic components of the motor. Cam specs have yet to be determined. Cr will most likely be 11.0:1.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam,

Sounds like a nice setup. :thumbs: Who will be doing the tuning, or will you be taking the plunge to do yourself? If you don't, at least order some good logging software to keep up with everything going on with it. Screw the scan gauge, you'll need to look at everything at once.

Now for the hard question.......When is your 80E going in? Before or after the 60 granades? I need somebody to make that one setup work without going to 2WD before mine goes on me. :)

Adam,

Sounds like a nice setup. :thumbs:  Who will be doing the tuning, or will you be taking the plunge to do yourself?  If you don't, at least order some good logging software to keep up with everything going on with it.  Screw the scan gauge, you'll need to look at everything at once.

Now for the hard question.......When is your 80E going in?  Before or after the 60 granades?  I need somebody to make that one setup work without going to 2WD before mine goes on me. :)

Ive been using hp tuners (and working with zippy) on my tuning for the last 6 months. I will probably use somebody local for the basic tune and then see if zippy can help me fine tune it. :dunno:

The shop that built my tranny said it will handle over 600 fwhp and they warrantied it, but believe me its still a concern and in the back of my head. I would love to do the 4L80, but I really cant afford it right now. So im gonna have to take my chances for now. When I looked into the 80 about 3 months ago I believe it came out to be around 6grand for everything to do the swap. :eek:

The shop that built my tranny said it will handle over 600 fwhp......

Same thing they told beserker. If you don't beat on it everyday...who knows?

I would guess your MPG is going to be about 11. Mine is around 12 with moderate driving habits.

Yeah, its pretty much a tossup whether it will hold or not. Although beserker is probably making 150hp more than I will. If I go with nitrous, that will be the real test.